Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arbitration decision of my PCS dispute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You've got to be kidding me! So NOW they've decided they WILL cover the components in the Battery Service Panel under the Battery Warranty…??? Well, hell… you can bet they're not going to reimburse me for paying for the repair myself after nearly a year of waiting for arbitration to settle the dispute. Maybe my efforts, and the growing number of subsequent breakdowns and complaints, helped them finally admit that they'd installed faulty battery PCS in their vehicles and need to fix the problem. At least… I hope that will henceforth prove to be the case for all other owners whose PCS start to break down.
I'm sorry about your case man, I hope this is not just a one time case, hope they realized their problem and start covering this under the battery warranty.

I mean, you are free to share whatever you want but If it were me, I absolutely, positively, 1000000% would not have shared anything at all until the service was completed and I didnt pay. We dont have any official link with Tesla here, but there have absolutely (100%) been times where something here has impacted someone.

I can very clearly remember threads with people selling car reservations then a few being told "your reservation was canceled because we saw you were selling it" even though a user name doesnt tie to a specific person, and TMC is not linked to Tesla.
The car was fixed today, everything was covered under the Hv battery warranty. They initially told me it might take serval days to repair it but they got it done on the same day!

Attachments

• IMG_6277.jpeg
    IMG_6277.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_6279.jpeg
    IMG_6279.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 74
I just tried at my local service center in Charlotte, NC and they denied warranty claim on it. When I asked if it was covered as part of battery warranty, they said "NOPE"

Such bullshit, when this is an obvious defect.... they should at least cover the early adopters as a sign of good faith (May 2018 build)

Defect or not, this wouldn't be something to good faith ONLY to early Model 3 adopters since the PCS design has been the same for many years. Now do I think the PCS should be encompassed in the battery warranty if the fix is to replace the entire battery...yes.

Defect or not, this wouldn't be something to good faith ONLY to early Model 3 adopters since the PCS design has been the same for many years. Now do I think the PCS should be encompassed in the battery warranty if the fix is to replace the entire battery...yes.
Do we know for a fact that the PCS is still the same design, and hasn't been "improved" in any way? If so, I suspect that owners of 2019, 2020, 2021 models will soon start to experience this same breakdown. If not, I would surmise that the PCS replaced in my Model 3 is no better than the original.

Do we know for a fact that the PCS is still the same design, and hasn't been "improved" in any way? If so, I suspect that owners of 2019, 2020, 2021 models will soon start to experience this same breakdown. If not, I would surmise that the PCS replaced in my Model 3 is no better than the original.

Does anyone know for a fact that it isn't, or when it was changed? We can go both ways here. My issue was with the insinuation that Tesla should just blindly "good will" early adopters just because they are early adopters.

Reactions: android04
Does anyone know for a fact that it isn't, or when it was changed?
The 48 amp PCS part number in the parts catalog is still revision "A", which would be strong evidence that the part has not fundamentally changed since introduction.

That said, it doesn't rule out other reasons for clustered failures such as a bad batch of components - that wouldn't necessarily mean there's a fundamental design flaw that is going to continue to surface.

Reactions: android04
I know that many forum members in this thread have been waiting to hear the outcome of my arbitration dispute with Tesla over our PCS breakdowns.

I can report that yesterday I finally received notification that the arbitrator decided for Tesla —not for me. More specifically, the arbitrator agreed with Tesla that the components in the High Voltage Battery Service Panel are separate from the High Voltage Battery and Drive Unit powertrain, and thus not covered under the latter's warranty.

If forum members would care to read my reaction to the arbitrator's decision, they are welcome to open this post on my website.
Hi,

What mailing address did you use when you sent your letter to Tesla?

Thanks!

Hi,

What mailing address did you use when you sent your letter to Tesla?

Thanks!
Originally, as instructed in the "Agreement to Arbitrate" section of my "Purchase Agreement," I sent an e-mail to "[email protected]". All I got back was a typical "boilerplate" reply acknowledging receipt. After several weeks, I continued to write them numerous times, with NO replies. I finally concluded that I'd have to initiate the arbitration myself and contacted AAA at "www.adr.org" to get the ball rolling by filling out their forms and submitting my complaint. AAA managed to finally get Tesla to respond. The lawyer that handled their end of the dispute was Eimi Watanabe, at 901 Page Avenue, Fremont, CA 94538, [email protected]. Hope this helps.

Originally, as instructed in the "Agreement to Arbitrate" section of my "Purchase Agreement," I sent an e-mail to "[email protected]". All I got back was a typical "boilerplate" reply acknowledging receipt. After several weeks, I continued to write them numerous times, with NO replies. I finally concluded that I'd have to initiate the arbitration myself and contacted AAA at "www.adr.org" to get the ball rolling by filling out their forms and submitting my complaint. AAA managed to finally get Tesla to respond. The lawyer that handled their end of the dispute was Eimi Watanabe, at 901 Page Avenue, Fremont, CA 94538, [email protected]. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info! I did exactly what you did above. I have e-mailed them, no reply, then opened a case with AAA. The case has been open for almost 3 months now. Tesla still has not paid the business expense which is overdue now, and the case will be canceled due to no payment in two weeks. I am pretty furious at this point. Tesla is a real scumbag company. They have completely isolated all their information. Cannot call them. No reply on e-mail. Nor reply from your sales contact. Probably no reply on certified mail either.

In the meantime my car got a new battery that took 30 days to replace. With that, total time in service is 60 days plus in 20 months. I guess not all of them go 1 million miles. Anyways... sorry about the rant. Today I have learned that they have registered agents for each state. So I sent a certified mail to the one in FL. But I doubt I will hear from them.

BTW if anyone is wondering. In the state of Florida, if you bought a new car that has been in service for 30 days plus, or in service for the same issue 3 times, qualifies as a lemon regardless if you opted out of arbitration or not. Florida statue still applies. This is from my lawyer. Well... I will wait until AAA cancels and then I will do it through my lawyer before I run out of time.

• Informative
Reactions: cali8484 and TimTam
Thanks for the info! I did exactly what you did above. I have e-mailed them, no reply, then opened a case with AAA. The case has been open for almost 3 months now. Tesla still has not paid the business expense which is overdue now, and the case will be canceled due to no payment in two weeks. I am pretty furious at this point. Tesla is a real scumbag company. They have completely isolated all their information. Cannot call them. No reply on e-mail. Nor reply from your sales contact. Probably no reply on certified mail either.

In the meantime my car got a new battery that took 30 days to replace. With that, total time in service is 60 days plus in 20 months. I guess not all of them go 1 million miles. Anyways... sorry about the rant. Today I have learned that they have registered agents for each state. So I sent a certified mail to the one in FL. But I doubt I will hear from them.

BTW if anyone is wondering. In the state of Florida, if you bought a new car that has been in service for 30 days plus, or in service for the same issue 3 times, qualifies as a lemon regardless if you opted out of arbitration or not. Florida statue still applies. This is from my lawyer. Well... I will wait until AAA cancels and then I will do it through my lawyer before I run out of time.
Tsk. Typical of Tesla. Good customer service just doesn't put profits in Elon Isherwell's pockets. Sorry to hear this. Good luck in resolving it! I would only suggest that you don't hold your breath.