Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are bragging rights worth $15k?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The purists have derided the C8 is not a "true" corvette. The reasons vary but the pragmatists call maintenance difficulty and eliminating most of the cargo space deal killers for them. The reality is that the C8 is a completely different car that is more of pure sports car than than the Corvette has ever been, so it's going to attract an all new target demographic who want something different from the C8 that the C8 gives them than the traditional idea of a corvette.
To be blunt, most of those purists will be dead by the time collector value comes into consideration

To be blunt, most of those purists will be dead by the time collector value comes into consideration

There will never be enough scarcity for the C8 to be collectable. GM will make as many as buyers want to buy and near the end of the 8th generation production life, they will sell below MSRP. The only corvettes that were ever collectable were ones made in extremely limited numbers like the '67 L88.

Reactions: msm859
There will never be enough scarcity for the C8 to be collectable. GM will make as many as buyers want to buy and near the end of the 8th generation production life, they will sell below MSRP. The only corvettes that were ever collectable were ones made in extremely limited numbers like the '67 L88.
True, but I did keep my 2014 C7 when I bought my 2022 C8 because my C7 has a 7 speed manual transmission - something they don't make anymore - and never will again. But it wasn't for collectibility per se. Just sometimesI like to take it and row the gears.