Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are bragging rights worth $15k?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is obvious when you drive them back to back assuming you get up in the upper speed ranges. For a lot of people stuck in a dense urban environment, you might never take advantage of it.

I was definitely impressed the first time I hit the accelerator at about 65 mph. It was the first time my MS LR really brought a smile to my face. The first time it actually felt like a 10 second car.
jamming on the accelerator with the Plaid at 65 is mind blowing. Picked up a used plaid last week and was able to experience the car without a 85 speed limiter from the SC. holy *sugar* man. i was wafting between a new MSLR but the deal i got for this Plaid was just too good to pass up.

jamming on the accelerator with the Plaid at 65 is mind blowing. Picked up a used plaid last week and was able to experience the car without a 85 speed limiter from the SC. holy *sugar* man. i was wafting between a new MSLR but the deal i got for this Plaid was just too good to pass up.
Think I made the right choice. 😂 2023 MSP, black on black, steering wheel, full stealth ppf, 21” arachnids, full tint, and FSD . 1500 miles, single owner., couple of dings along with teslas famous build quality. $79k. So about $4k more than a brand new MSLR. 😂
Feel bad for the previous owner. Laid out $140k. But then again could’ve been someone with crazy amount of money. 🤷‍♂️

*subtle flex*

Reactions: Sam1 and Drew-MS
It is obvious when you drive them back to back assuming you get up in the upper speed ranges. For a lot of people stuck in a dense urban environment, you might never take advantage of it.

I was definitely impressed the first time I hit the accelerator at about 65 mph. It was the first time my MS LR really brought a smile to my face. The first time it actually felt like a 10 second car.

The refresh LR is also significantly than the P85DL and P90DL in the 1/4 mile even though both those cars are faster 0-60. In order for the LR to beat those guys in the 1/4, it has to overcome the slower 0-60 and pass them long before the 1/4 mile exits.

It's even faster than the previous P100D in 70 mph roll-on race. The LR and P100D both have about the same 1/4 mile time but the P100D's 0-60 is 2.4 seconds so the LR has to be able to pull much harder than a P100D after 60 and go faster than the P100D just to catch up to it by the end of 1/4.

Love my Plaid & have the new C8 Z06 I would never give up the Z. There’s not another sports car under 250K that can compete with it overall.

IMG_3829.jpeg

It's a pain trying to get one at MSRP. Im not a big GM fan but the C8 is just beautiful.
Thanks I’ve had mine about eight months was early delivery on the West Coast. I was offered over 200 K in trade, which would’ve netted me McLaren /458 Ferrari/ Huracan .
In the end after spending a few weeks with it and having owned a Lambo in the past I just think it’s a better overall car. Kudos for what they accomplished. I do tell people on a daily basis that the model S plaid is the best daily driver I’ve ever experienced in my ownership years.

Thanks I’ve had mine about eight months was early delivery on the West Coast. I was offered over 200 K in trade, which would’ve netted me McLaren /458 Ferrari/ Huracan .
In the end after spending a few weeks with it and having owned a Lambo in the past I just think it’s a better overall car. Kudos for what they accomplished. I do tell people on a daily basis that the model S plaid is the best daily driver I’ve ever experienced in my ownership years.

Can’t argue with that, Teslas are the best daily’s no matter which one you choose.

Yep because there’s a Huge collector market for four door family sedans. You certainly dig deep to find a negative in any positive lol.
Eh they don't go for crazy money necessarily, but some do pretty well. Last year a few E39 M5s (which IMO is the niche the Plaid occupies today) sold for 6 figures. Though looks like the market finally calmed down from the COVID craziness there

Agreed. Having had a C6 (nightmare) and a C7 they finally nailed it on the C8. By far (to me) their best execution.

The purists have derided the C8 is not a "true" corvette. The reasons vary but the pragmatists call maintenance difficulty and eliminating most of the cargo space deal killers for them. The reality is that the C8 is a completely different car that is more of pure sports car than than the Corvette has ever been, so it's going to attract an all new target demographic who want something different from the C8 that the C8 gives them than the traditional idea of a corvette.

Reactions: Yelobird