Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a DD for June 6th oakville and MVPA showing a vin in toronto SR+ red with white 19" FSD. DD showed yesterday vin came in today ordered March 8th.

This is a bit disappointing, although it isn’t surprising. I ordered an SR+, red with white, FSD on May 15. I was hoping Tesla might push it to make the Q2 sale, but I never really believed that. Maybe they will push to get it to me for the Q3 sales numbers. :)

Ah, it gives me more time to save up for it.

Of course, if the BC incentive money runs out and if the Conservatives get elected federally and cancel the federal incentive, I may not be getting it at all.

This is a bit disappointing, although it isn’t surprising. I ordered an SR+, red with white, FSD on May 15. I was hoping Tesla might push it to make the Q2 sale, but I never really believed that. Maybe they will push to get it to me for the Q3 sales numbers. :)

Ah, it gives me more time to save up for it.

Of course, if the BC incentive money runs out and if the Conservatives get elected federally and cancel the federal incentive, I may not be getting it at all.
Pulling the federal incentive will take awhile, it won't be instant in October, if anything, it won't be pulled until the next budget is submitted in early 2020.

• Informative
Reactions: BBone
I wouldn’t count on that. Killing the Ontario EV rebate was one of the first things the Conservatives did in Ontario after being elected. They certainly did not wait for their first budget.

Exactly. Iirc is was the first or second thing Ford did as a government. He really wanted to string up the Tesla millionaires, was a super high priority for him. And the reckless manner in which he did it got him into a lawsuit, which he promptly lost. Hopefully Scheer will be a little more intelligent about it.

I wouldn’t count on that. Killing the Ontario EV rebate was one of the first things the Conservatives did in Ontario after being elected. They certainly did not wait for their first budget.
Provincial and federal are two very different things and two very different monsters. Ford also got sued and lost the case about undue harm about cancelled orders by cancelling the incentive instantly. Ontario govt showed off it’s inexperience and got exposed.

I am seeing this too.

Sure must be nice seeing that $10k deduct. Only $5k on mine, but I am ok with that. We got $14k from the Ontario government on our other car, a Nissan Leaf. So we have been well supported in our move to green vehicles.

Will be very interesting to see what % of new vehicle sales are electric by year end. Particularly in Quebec and BC..

• Informative
VIN received today.! So my June 7th delivery appointment should hold. That was a 97 day wait, and I see some complain about 3 weeks.
My configuration was SR+ blue /white. Aero wheels.
Thanks to this forum for keeping me informed and entertained getting me through this anxious period.

With Tesla, you don’t need to worry about range anxiety, just order anxiety

May 3rd order, SR+ Blue/Black, aero wheels, Montreal delivery.

Yesterday it showed in my account an appointment june 11th for delivery, but still no vin. Then I called Montreal SC this morning and the DA confirm that I do have a vin associated with my account (407xxx). If that date holds, that means 39 days from order to delivery. Not bad!

VIN received today.! So my June 7th delivery appointment should hold. That was a 97 day wait, and I see some complain about 3 weeks.
My configuration was SR+ blue /white. Aero wheels.
Thanks to this forum for keeping me informed and entertained getting me through this anxious period.

With Tesla, you don’t need to worry about range anxiety, just order anxiety
Congrats! Now just delivery quality anxiety !!!

I do not understand why it is OK to state 2 to 4 weeks on the ordering page and then almost never deliver? I do not like waiting in the dark.

Tesla has a quarterly cycle of delivery waves, as one plant manufacturers for the whole world, so they build in batches.

Based on the past, this means that in North America they deliver most of the inventory in the last month of the quarter. There is supposed to be enough inventory to last through the next couple of months, but demand exceeds supply.

If you order a common configuration in late May or early June, you will likely get a 2-4 week delivery. If you are flexible on color, and order from some of the limited inventory in July, you can get the vehicle in an even shorter time. Otherwise, you could be stuck waiting for September. Last quarter, there was a shortage of white interiors, as demand was higher than projected for that configuration, so some of us had to wait for the next cycle, delivering in June.

Elon has stated that he wants to unwind these delivery waves, but I cannot see how they can do that, until the supply matches demand.

Watch the order tracking spreadsheet on this forum to get a better picture, than the Tesla estimated average on their website.

Tesla has a quarterly cycle of delivery waves, as one plant manufacturers for the whole world, so they build in batches.

Based on the past, this means that in North America they deliver most of the inventory in the last month of the quarter. There is supposed to be enough inventory to last through the next couple of months, but demand exceeds supply.

If you order a common configuration in late May or early June, you will likely get a 2-4 week delivery. If you are flexible on color, and order from some of the limited inventory in July, you can get the vehicle in an even shorter time. Otherwise, you could be stuck waiting for September. Last quarter, there was a shortage of white interiors, as demand was higher than projected for that configuration, so some of us had to wait for the next cycle, delivering in June.

Elon has stated that he wants to unwind these delivery waves, but I cannot see how they can do that, until the supply matches demand.

Watch the order tracking spreadsheet on this forum to get a better picture, than the Tesla estimated average on their website.
I think that Tesla should be much more proactive in communicating with their customers. Tesla is a technology company. They know the orders in the queue and their production challenges. Tesla can get away with this for now but will not once competition ramps up.

I think that Tesla should be much more proactive in communicating with their customers. Tesla is a technology company. They know the orders in the queue and their production challenges. Tesla can get away with this for now but will not once competition ramps up.

I agree.

Though I am having a hard time determining who their first serious competition will be, and Tesla needs some to drive improvement. We have a Nissan Leaf. A nice shorter range car, that is readily available, but it is certainly not a Tesla. The Bolt is a kludge, and no signs of true EV from GM this year. Some rumblings from Ford, but their near term plan seems mostly hybrids. Fiat Chrysler is buying green credits from Tesla, to not go out of business. Hyundai and Kia have some nice products, but they can’t deliver any volume for a year or two. Toyota is denying reality, and hoping EVs go away. That leaves VW group, who I think is the most likely candidate. They have been announcing a lot of models. Their first product, the expensive Etron is nicely built, but not competitive in performance.

I am sure there are people out there that can tell me what I am missing, but I still don’t see any Tesla killers out there, and there needs to be one.

May 3rd order, SR+ Blue/Black, aero wheels, Montreal delivery.

Yesterday it showed in my account an appointment june 11th for delivery, but still no vin. Then I called Montreal SC this morning and the DA confirm that I do have a vin associated with my account (407xxx). If that date holds, that means 39 days from order to delivery. Not bad!

Also got a delivery date today June 11 at 4pm delivery being done at my home. SR+ Black ext/white interior. I will be calling them to see if there is a VIN assigned. Placed order on March 15th