Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model 3 with Standard Range plus rear wheel drive two weeks ago, but have not heard anything yet. I guess Tesla is more eager to sell the more expensive version (which has a wait time of 2 weeks instead of 4). It is still within the 2-4 weeks timeframe so I'll wait a bit more before i call to check on the delivery status.

I ordered my Model 3 with Standard Range plus rear wheel drive two weeks ago, but have not heard anything yet. I guess Tesla is more eager to sell the more expensive version (which has a wait time of 2 weeks instead of 4). It is still within the 2-4 weeks timeframe so I'll wait a bit more before i call to check on the delivery status.

You won’t “hear” anything until days before delivery. However your delivery date will appear in your account much sooner (log into your account and click manage. Then click completed tasks and scroll down to “your model 3”. The date should be there if you have one). The 2-4 weeks delivery for SR+ is also pretty accurate. We ordered May 7th and delivery is June 8th.

This is false. My model is the most expensive non-performance model and I'm on week 9 now.

It’s not just money making but also capacity. The SR+ is selling like hotcakes and demand is high, which leads to a longer wait time. Given Wall Street and the last quarter Tesla is highly motivated to deliver cars.

I’ve called the 1-888 number a few times to check in on my order and they’ve always been helpful. If you’re worried no harm in giving them a call.

You won’t “hear” anything until days before delivery. However your delivery date will appear in your account much sooner (log into your account and click manage. Then click completed tasks and scroll down to “your model 3”. The date should be there if you have one). The 2-4 weeks delivery for SR+ is also pretty accurate. We ordered May 7th and delivery is June 8th.
I wore out my account "Manage" button. It's slightly faded now with a few mouse pointer scratches. Once I got the car the poor button got a rest ;)

• Funny
Reactions: obryan20
Congrats!

I placed my order a day after yours and my delivery is a day before yours actually. But I’m hoping to push my delivery to June 14th.

Ordered black SR+ May 13 in Oakville, delivery date is June 13. Was told 2 to 6 weeks from order date. Taking 4 and I'm happy about that.

Patience guys, I ordered my SR+ red & white on march 18th and just received a date last week, for the 8th of june ! Looking like they will deliver many cars in june in Canada, then probably nothing for at least a month.

Wow, that’s a long wait. I was expecting two months for my order of SR+, red on white, FSD, 18” aero.

I ordered on May 15 and last week got a delivery date of June 14. I found the VIN by searching using the “source” method described elsewhere here.

I expect delivery to be delayed, but still I expect to be driving my Canadian colours Tesla on Canada Day.

• Funny
Reactions: tongw
Patience guys, I ordered my SR+ red & white on march 18th and just received a date last week, for the 8th of june ! Looking like they will deliver many cars in june in Canada, then probably nothing for at least a month.

I ordered SR+ Black/ White this weekend - I expect I'll either get it late June as they try to deliver as many cars as possible this quarter - or it will be a long wait. I know I'm rolling the dice with the white interior.

Reactions: Muskol
Wow, that’s a long wait. I was expecting two months for my order of SR+, red on white, FSD, 18” aero.

I ordered on May 15 and last week got a delivery date of June 14. I found the VIN by searching using the “source” method described elsewhere here.

I expect delivery to be delayed, but still I expect to be driving my Canadian colours Tesla on Canada Day.
Congrats!! What’s the source method? How do you do it?

I got my delivery date and place today: "
Delivery Appointment at Montréal-Ferrier
June 14, 2019 at 12:30 PM

Montréal-Ferrier
5350 Ferrier Street
Montréal, QC H4P 1L9"
Slightly over 4 weeks after order date (which was May 12th), but still within a reasonable timeframe.
One problem is that is two hours away drive from where I live (Too bad Tesla shuttered their Ottawa location). I'll have to figure a way to get there without driving myself, obviously.