Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are rear Falcon door alignments covered under warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My passenger rear Falcon door isn’t completely aligned to the trim piece.

I made a service appt at the local service center. Got an invoice for approving payment for this upcoming service.

Is alignment of the rear Falcon doors not covered under warranty? Is this a common re-occurrence over time? My X only has 7K miles on it.

Our x is 3 years old ,I complained about fact that alignment terrible when we picked up. They tried to adjust, but I didn’t see a difference. Had no trouble with doors so didn’t want to have readjustment and have doors not closed properly so just ignored slight miss alignment of trim

Have yet to see an MX without misaligned FWD or body panels. My major complaint upon delivery last Sept. Since the doors so complicated and aren't rubbing anything, I'll live with it. My brother in law's MS has similar door alignment issues. Seems to be Tesla's signature issue.
Still love the car despite the cosmetics.

DFBD61AF-D8E2-48F4-AE47-4BC50CD552F9.jpeg
My drivers side Falcon door lines up extremely well to the trim.

But the passenger side is bothering the heck out of me.

Mines been a problem since day one. They said they fixed it, looked ok, and I had chrome delete put on, but after 1000 miles started rubbing again. Have an appt to come in again next week, total miles less than 3k. They haven’t tried charging me yet but Ive been complaining on the record since delivery. Car is pretty dirty as just got back from road trip but shows where it’s rubbing.

Attachments

• 8DD4BC67-903A-4F44-BCA5-3CEB2679F502.jpeg
    8DD4BC67-903A-4F44-BCA5-3CEB2679F502.jpeg
    758.5 KB · Views: 121
Jesus I havre ordered a MX but looking at those gaps make me have second thoughts, to me that looks awful.
I struggle to understand how people can say "I just live with it as I love the car" These cars are some of the most expensive cars you can buy yet people settle for that!

Reactions: AW9nineteen
My local SC advised me not to mess with it. They feel they would mess with the door even more that may or may not improve it.

from what I can see, it seems like a trim problem vs a true door alignment problem. I’m going to keep an eye on it over time esp as the winter months with cold temps arrive to see if it gets work.

my drivers side is much better so I know it can get there, the question is how much I push and time I have to put into this. I’m still under warranty so I’ll keep a continued close eye on it.

Also, I was not charged for the visit or them looking it over.