Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are software/feature suggestions possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having curbed my UberTurbine alloy yesterday getting in to my work car park (which is a multi-storey designed for a different era with too many high curbs, narrow lanes, tight turning circles and spaces way too neat for modern cars) I was thinking it would be really handy if, when Tesla vision detects you’re close to to a kerb or other side-on object, the wing mirrors automatically aim downwards like they do when in reverse.

Does anyone know if Tesla take feature suggestions and if so how do you submit one?

It’s a £130 mistake I’m keen not to repeat.

he wing mirrors automatically aim downwards like they do when in reverse.
And you have to see the wing mirror at that time :). My mirror in Y picks up all the curbs but still yesterday I just applied a wee more steering and bang - the driver side rear hit the curb. My other half immediately pointed out how mean I was when she curbed the model 3 :-(. I have the rim cover but I am sure it would have left a scuff.

I think modern cars are too big for UK roads and there are too many cars in city streets and any evasive action results in some sort of minor accidents including the curb rash especially when ambulance and police cars are trying to overtake.

There's an option to fold in the mirrors in certain locations (I think it's as simple as when you do, it remembers where and repeats that). So no reason why it couldn't do a dip instead. I don't t know however of any way the public can suggest ideas to Tesla in the normal sense. The only thing I've ever seen/heard of is using X and tagging Elon.

Reactions: gsmith123
Nissan Leaf had something similar. If you got close to a kerb it would flash up the side camera display. Really useful. Didn't know it did this until I squeezed through a gap with a high kerb...

Mirror folds are too slow. Popping up a side camera with a good view of the wheel would be much better.

• Informative
Reactions: Foxsbiscuits
That would actually be better. Anything that allows you to see the rear wheels in tight situations because as we all know, curbing alloys doesn’t happen only when reversing.

The situation I had is that our car park has a secure barrier with 3 entrances, all too narrow and all with ludicrously high curbs. I used one I wouldn’t normally use as the other two were busy and yet, despite crawling around the corner, the left offside rear caught the curb. If I’d been able to see that I could have aborted and saved myself £130 getting it rectified.

The camera views on the screen does show the rear wheels (view from the front wing) at least on model y. What I need is a view of front wheel. An in joke for any Reading owners. Do not try to go through the Bells on the Theale canal bridge followed immediately by the kerbs under the M4. That was one expensive Breakfast baguette.

i hate that the mirrors dip when in reverse, this is not a great feature when doing general reversing, i would much rather prefer if:
  • Left mirror only dipped when you indicate left and shift to reverse
  • Right mirror only dipped when you indicate right and shift to reverse
  • BOTH mirrors dipped when you put on your hazards and shift to reverse

Now that would make sense

Reactions: Goatex