Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the OEM Floor Mats any better now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My driver's side floor mat looks like crap, hard to believe such poor quality door mats would make it into a car like this.

My car is a December 2016 inventory car - anyone know if the more recent ones are better? Thinking of ordering a new set from Tesla as I haven't found anything I like aftermarket (I want carpet ones that look OEM...no 3rd party logos etc on them).

When our 2012 S P85 was delivered, Tesla sold an upgraded carpet mat set in their online store - for the frunk, front/rear seats and trunk.

With our new S 100D, we received OEM front/rear carpet mats, which are better than the OEM mats that came with our S P85. However, they no longer sell mats for the frunk (probably not needed) or trunk (which is useful).

Since we usually drive the S 100D for trips and shopping, I moved the trunk mat from the P85 to the 100D. We plan to trade in the P85 in a few months and replace it with a Model 3 - and will probably put the original OEM mats back - and keep the upgraded mats, and try to use them in the 100D.

Checkout these carpeted mats Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider L1TL00002209 Complete Set Custom Fit Floor Mat for Select Tesla Model S Models - Classic Carpet (Black): Automotive

I have them and I like them alot.
They match the contours of our floors (front and back) very well.
I have had these since April 2017 and am real happy with these. Slightly more expensive than OEM but you have choice of colors and no odor. I chose tan to go with my tan interior. These are not carpets but look very nice.

I got a nice all-weather mat for the trunk. My OEM mats feel great on my feet when I drive bare foot. The all-weather ones not so much. I have no complaints but I only use the OEM mats during the summer months and not on road trips, so they are holding up quite nicely (only 1.5 months of use).

I had my OEM (facelift 2016 car) mats replaced by the service center at the last service because they had worn too much and would not stay on the velcro dots anymore.

I called the service center yesterday to inquire if they sell the OEM mats, since they are no longer online, and was told the same thing - that they will replace them under warranty! I have an appointment tomorrow morning. :)