Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are there really discounts for showroom or inventory 3s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is quite the deal! So am I to understand that this was an order for a new LR RWD and not from inventory? And if so, what prompted the sales advisor to give such a generous discount? If I can get a deal like this, there will be a M3 in my driveway!

Its an inventory unit that has been siting since the middle of 2018 per his other posts.

• Informative
Reactions: Scott7
My advisor found me a great "deal" back during the end of Q1 push... got a LR RWD with full self driving autopilot for $43,840

He's helped a few people here on TMC, but has told me that price adjusted units are pretty rare now. Especially because inventory units are now available/visible to the public on Tesla website.

That said, if you want to reach out to him, feel free to PM me. He's incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. I can see how him and other advisors may be turned off though by people just asking "hey find me a discounted deal"

Discounted vehicles do seem to pop up, and not just at quarter end. I found two different Mid Range models in April, took delivery of one a few weeks ago. One had 5 miles and a $2500 discount. The one I got had 100 miles and was a Dec '18 build for about $3500 off. I had my OA confirm it was not a showroom model and had no notes on file of any defects or delivery rejections. It was presumed it was test drove briefly or something given the miles on it. The final MVPA stated "Previous service/demo vehicle".

It amazes me several-months-old vehicles pop up... geez, a July '18 w/ low miles was still around until now?!

I would be cautious if you find one; make sure the discount is worth the risk of anything being wrong with it. In my case, my car was cosmetically great, but it turns out the side repeater cameras weren't working properly. Tesla should've known about this and fixed it before delivery IMO. I didn't of course notice until after driving away at delivery. If I take a pessimistic view, I could believe Tesla had this car intended for use as a test drive unit, but given camera problem, they pulled it, and then sold to me w/o acknowledging this known defect. But it's impossible to know the exact circumstance, so I'm just hoping it gets fixed (still waiting on parts) and I can move on.

Discounted vehicles do seem to pop up, and not just at quarter end. I found two different Mid Range models in April, took delivery of one a few weeks ago. One had 5 miles and a $2500 discount. The one I got had 100 miles and was a Dec '18 build for about $3500 off. I had my OA confirm it was not a showroom model and had no notes on file of any defects or delivery rejections. It was presumed it was test drove briefly or something given the miles on it. The final MVPA stated "Previous service/demo vehicle".

It amazes me several-months-old vehicles pop up... geez, a July '18 w/ low miles was still around until now?!

I would be cautious if you find one; make sure the discount is worth the risk of anything being wrong with it. In my case, my car was cosmetically great, but it turns out the side repeater cameras weren't working properly. Tesla should've known about this and fixed it before delivery IMO. I didn't of course notice until after driving away at delivery. If I take a pessimistic view, I could believe Tesla had this car intended for use as a test drive unit, but given camera problem, they pulled it, and then sold to me w/o acknowledging this known defect. But it's impossible to know the exact circumstance, so I'm just hoping it gets fixed (still waiting on parts) and I can move on.
Thanks for your inputs. I am scheduled to take a brand new 2018 July build M3 LR RWD tomorrow. My OA told it had under 10 miles, it wasn't a showroom model. I questioned him multiple times if there are any known issues and he said no and he couldn't see anything that's abnormal in the history of the car.

I then asked him why on earth would this car be sitting in the lot for so long without it being sold earlier. He told me that apparently this was one of the cars that was sitting in the delivery hub during a labor strike. Tesla tried to get all the cars out of that hub but apparently some cars were "forgotten".

Anecdotes like this are a lot less useful without including the other key information like how many miles the car had, when it was built (2018 model year?), previously rejected, etc. In other words, those reading this shouldn't expect a May 2019 built P3D with 5 miles for $8500 off.

Sorry for the lack of info. Originally it was a 2018 white ext, Black int and FSD 36 miles VIN 170xxx Dec 2018 build. Found out recently it was a car that was not supposed to be sold to the public. Was just recently assigned a newer VIN 231xxx 2019 P3D same configuration but with 900 miles in California. Same discount will be given, but we agreed to have additional mileage and delay of delivery compensated. Not sure of the additional compensation just yet. Definitely happy about getting a newer car with a build date approx 04/19 and additional discount for their mess up. Condition of car will definitely be throughly looked over before delivery. Awaiting delivery later this week. Will keep updates coming as car gets closer to delivery.

Brandon

My advisor found me a great "deal" back during the end of Q1 push... got a LR RWD with full self driving autopilot for $43,840

He's helped a few people here on TMC, but has told me that price adjusted units are pretty rare now. Especially because inventory units are now available/visible to the public on Tesla website.

That said, if you want to reach out to him, feel free to PM me. He's incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. I can see how him and other advisors may be turned off though by people just asking "hey find me a discounted deal"

Sorry this is an old post, but are you able to provide me with your OA referral?

Not usually deals on inventory cars, but they do offer discounts if you buy a demo car.
When I visited my local showroom earlier in the year....they were giving several $K discounts off inventory cars. They did a bunch of searches from No Cal, OR and also in WA State....unsure if things have changed since ten, but doesn't hurt to go visit your local showroom and ask.

The ones I saw this evening are considered new, but have 1k+ miles and I was not seeing them as being discounted that much....but I just looked again, and 3 that I was looking at are no longer showing as available, so I guess there are enough people wanting to get a Tesla by the end of the year that they do not need to discount them LOL.

The one left over is actually discounted $4k. It is a Red Performance with FSD, so still sets you back $61k.