Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you concerned about Tesla's survival?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA up +9% after hours.... you should be more concerned about the shorts

Forgive me if I misunderstand you, but you seem to be implying that I am a short seller. If so, you should have read my original post more carefully; I made it perfectly clear that I have no idea whether or not I own Tesla stock because my portfolio is managed for me. I am NOT shorting Tesla stock.

The share price is derived by hundreds of thousands of people, with varying degrees of expertise, and their own money or reputations on the line.
It's the single best barometer for the health and prospects of Tesla.

Forgive me if I misunderstand you, but you seem to be implying that I am a short seller. If so, you should have read my original post more carefully; I made it perfectly clear that I have no idea whether or not I own Tesla stock because my portfolio is managed for me. I am NOT shorting Tesla stock.

I think he meant that you have to be careful of the tactics that the short-sellers use to try and manipulate the stock and public opinion.

I'm no worried at all. Companies like Tesla don't simply go away; they have too much good tech. If they can't survive on their own they will be bought out, and they will become a division of another company. The cars will continue to be supported.
People never learn this lesson. I recall 10 years ago when everyone thought Sirius was going to get snuffed out and they were trading at under 7 cents per share. Despite the money issues, what they had was too good for anyone to pass up. I bought in 1k for pennies. Last I checked it's over $7. Tesla isn't going away.

Sure, worrying if a manufacturer is going to continue to exist is important.

Tesla is one of the few auto manufacturers that haven't gone bankrupt.
I can understand your concern having been burned by Fisker. However, it's important to realize that Tesla is at a much later stage of development. It has a lot of technology and products. If it were to somehow go "bankwupt", many of the parts would continue to have value and would continue to operate (either sold as entities or under administration). It's highly unlikely that they would stop producing and servicing cars regardless of corporate status.

Tesla has never been in a better position than it is now. It has truly crossed the valley of death. There is absolutely no reason for it to go bankrupt short of force majeure or acts of god.

Yes.
Tesla needs to fix the automation of Model 3 manufacturing which, quite obviously, failed miserably the first time.
We don't yet know whether it will get it right quickly enough and where it will put costs.
Get past this, and it should be good for a few years.

Tesla has never been in a better position than it is now. It has truly crossed the valley of death. There is absolutely no reason for it to go bankrupt short of force majeure or acts of god.
Well, they -still- have to pay up on their debts... and at the same time spend insano amounts of money on a laundry list of huge projects....
Bankruptcy no, but every dollar coming in will go right back out

Yes.
Tesla needs to fix the automation of Model 3 manufacturing which, quite obviously, failed miserably the first time.
We don't yet know whether it will get it right quickly enough and where it will put costs.
Get past this, and it should be good for a few years.

Per yesterday's call, GA4 requires less labor hours per car than GA3, so that's a good sign. 3 is GM positive, so that is also good.

And to OP's question: Nyet

Reactions: Archduke
To the OP, Q2 2018 financials is showing improvements in many metrics. I think you need to know where to look to feel the improvements but that comes with experience of looking at the pnl, balance sheet, cash flow. Net income is the least important line to look at for a high growth company. Look at Amazon.

Reactions: Archduke