Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you paying for premium connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I subscribed. It is a premium car, and I enjoy the premium features like native Spotify streaming, satellite view, and live traffic visualization. This is among the cheapest connected service subscription of any car on the market, so it did not seem like much. (It could be a lot worse - GM wants $25/month for their OnStar subscription.)
In Denmark Tesla wants $15 a month and no option for a yearly subscription at a reduced rate.

Probably gonna buy it anyway, in the grand scheme of things $180 a year is not that much considering i am paying $63.300 for it.

I've been paying for it for the 6 months we've had the Teslas. I like it but really its just to stream spotify - given that we can't do the annual price in canada and it is a month to month subscription I have considered letting it cancel and only putting it on for months that we're planning to do road trips. But for now, its still on. The live traffic does nothing in a small northern city.

I have the annual subscription for premium connectivity (after getting it free for a year). I'd have to pay more to upgrade my phone plan to add the hot spot feature. I drive less than most people and frequently there is no cell coverage where I go. I won't say it's absolutely worth it but one of the reasons I bought the car was for the whiz-bang features so for me premium connectivity is a no-brainer.