Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

Reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

• Reserving at the reveal

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Reserving at a store

Votes: 302 63.7%
  • Reserving online

Votes: 156 32.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note there's been no indication that Tesla galleries will take reservations - Elon's tweet and further communications say "stores" which are different than galleries in Tesla parlance. Tesla has a list of locations and list "Store" or "Gallery" when you click on them, although also note this list is not necessarily up to date, as my local "Gallery" says they do take orders now and are an official Store. So my advice is to 1) Call up your gallery or 2) failing that, look at that link and see if the phone number is local or not. If it's a local number, there's a better than even chance it's a store.

The Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ is taking reservations when I first talked to them they didnt think they would be able to. I called back a week or so later and they confirmed they were taking them and expected to be very busy.

The Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ is taking reservations when I first talked to them they didnt think they would be able to. I called back a week or so later and they confirmed they were taking them and expected to be very busy.

Yeah, it looks like all Galleries are taking orders now. When you follow the Tesla blog post about reservations there's no indication Galleries won't take reservations, and they all show up on the "Find Us" Tesla page that's linked, so I think everyone's good.

"Another co-worker whined that there aren't any EVs that would allow you to drive 300 miles. I told him that the volt would be perfect if that's his concern. He scoffed and said, 'The volt doesn't have 300 miles of range'; So even with a plug-in hybrid that's been around for ~5 years there are still a lot of highly 'educated' people that are completely oblivious to their existence..."

I agree with your co-worker. A hybrid is not the same.

...Tesla Santana Row...Fremont Plant/Store

There are 2 signups for Santana Row and none for Fremont at the community spreadsheet:

Of course that worksheet is not accurate because it is voluntary.

If I were you, I would choose a store with more space and more staff.

Depending on how big the crowd is in Fremont and how much interference to sales & deliveries, it may even relocate the reservation event to a bigger site where the Model X was launch.

Good Luck!

Anyone know if there is a limit to how many reservations you can make? I have several family members interested.
I wonder if they will let you make a reservation in someone else's name
I had called the Tesla store, he said as many as you want.
I've heard 2 per customer, only accepting debit and credit cards (no cash, check, precious metals, first child, etc.).

If I were you, I would choose a store with more space and more staff.

This is why I switched from White Plains to Mt. Kisco. White Plains is in a small space of a mall that doesn't open until 10 while Mt. Kisco is a stand alone store that also has a service center on a regular street. Plenty of room to get there early and line up!

I'm hoping they also have an X on display to look at.

The Eden Prairie MN store indicated that they are not taking test drive appointments for next Thursday and that all employees are scheduled to be in the store that day. He mentioned that as far as they know they will start taking reservations when they open (10 am local time). Other than that he didn't know any more details/logistics. My plan is to swing by there in the morning and see if it is mayhem or not and decide if I want to wait in line or wait for the online process to open up.

We went to the Dania Beach, FL store this morning for a test drive in a Model S. My wife and I had the day off and I planned the test drive from Monday. OMG, what a blast with Ludicrous mode!!! :D I am not expecting that to be an option in the 3 but it was so fun. I wanted to try it even if I never get an S. I didn't even keep my put on the pedal for long. After slowing down I looked in the rear view mirror and my wife's jaw was dropped for several minutes as she struggled to come to grips with what she had just experienced.

We spoke with the staff and they are expecting a good crowd but really have no idea what will happen. We asked if they considered handing out numbers to people in line so that they may come and go as they needed prior to reservation. I am planning on showing up at 11 AM EDT as I did confirm the 1PM EDT reservation start. She felt that the reservation part will move quickly.

My wife is keeping her SUV because it will become the next driving training vehicle for our daughter and she still really loves it but I'm sure deep down, a Tesla would be her ideal machine. I had to explain to her later that there is no engine and that's why it was so quiet. She kept saying that she couldn't hear the engine. I was so amazed as how smoothly it accelerated.

About 5 of 6 years ago, I bought stock in a little known company with the ticker symbol, TSLA. I kept it and I certainly hope that the unveiling and sale of the 3, make its pop even more.

3/31/16 13:00:00. Here I come!

*edited* I swapped the letters in the ticker symbol!!! Thanks for point it out to me. ;)

Last edited: