Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I certainly wish supercharger construction was underway in Yuma, Gila Bend, Wickenburg, Casa Grande, Kingman, Holbrook, Show Low AZ etc…. goodness knows I check everyday for some news of this sort! I thought about it a while… weather..! It just makes good sense to have construction crews working well north of here at the moment. I guess it is just the blessings of our great winter weather that will delay 'OUR' superchargers installations a few months. Come January-February, there is no way working outdoors in the frigid cold will be making much sense. I hope it is then, that we Arizonans see much supercharger progress in our state. I think that's when we will see Indio and Ontario come online too. In really wishful thinking, Lordsburg NM and El Paso TX come to mind. I'm a very patient man, however, with Quartzsite done, I wake up thinking INDIO-ONTARIO. Funny how often I check the forums, TMC and BlueShift's map!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Chiriaco Summit Gas Station, CA

Ports
Access Restricted - Tesla HPWC (Model S)

Address
Chiriaco Summit, CA

Cost
Cost unknown

Description
Tesla Model S 80A High Powered Wall Charger located at old gas station next to diner. Speak to new gas station attendant for access. There may be a small fee.

Located at/or near the Chevron Station.

Google it for the map etc. Hope it helps!

I was in the Fashion Square Tesla store talking with the rep. He seemed to know what he was talking about and mentioned to me he just heard a Flagstaff SC is very close to coming online. Anyone have any info on this?
PS. +1 vote for Cabazon outlets on way to LA.

I was in the Fashion Square Tesla store talking with the rep. He seemed to know what he was talking about and mentioned to me he just heard a Flagstaff SC is very close to coming online. Anyone have any info on this?
PS. +1 vote for Cabazon outlets on way to LA.

See post 2248, Tesla Supercharger network - Page 225; Flagstaff is on this map. This map is very consistent with lots we know. I would bet on Flagstaff, Gallup, Blanding, and Moab coming online in the next few months!

I saw the equipment at Farmington...

For those who want to live off the land, who would not get dual chargers??? :cool:

The drive back was a bit uneventful. I found that evtripper was off by about 8 miles or it windy, however, I did notice any. Anaheim to Chiriaco Summit arrived with 80 left with 115. Arrived quartzsite with 21 we left with 225 didn't need that much was reading when I noticed it was stopped. Arrived home Chandler 40 and we drove 80mph. Easy drive no range anxiety well perhaps a tad on the way to Hawethorne.

I used the Quartzsite SC Monday night and topped up Tuesday morning, then on to Chiriaco Summit for 1.5 hours to top up the range charge. A stop at a friend's in Indian Wells and another top up. Turns out we needed the last one as the winds were ferocious heading for Tejon Ranch. Arrived with 21 miles, driving about 68 mph.

Implication for me is that an SC in Indio will be enough for an 85 with a good battery.

Enjoyed a factory tour today and a drive around the Bay Area. Superchargers are certainly a game changer!

Well if there is construction going on at Courtyard Marriott - 2650 S Beulah Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 the front desk does not know about it! It was also -6 degrees there last night! Yikes, that's cold…. ! The general manager may know more about the project but the GM is not on site at the moment. Apparently they're IS to be a CHARGING STATION there, whether it is a Tesla Supercharging Station, again wasn't know by the front desk. There are no back hoes or new trenches to the front desk's knowledge. I'll keep digging for information as the days move forward>>any and all assistance is greatly appreciated… and remember if anyone knows anyone there… have them get the photos so we all can analyze them
rolleyes.gif
! I have a friend of a friend to investigate as well ..and TAKE PHOTOS!! If I get any new information i'll post ASAP!

Quartzite, AZ

@jomo25:

Thanks! You're correct in stating six superchargers in Arizona, my bad! .... Great news!! ... as I re-read what Alexis said, in both statements she said Yuma--Holbrook>> "and the additional five stations slated to open in Arizona in coming months"

@napabill: I've read and seen the association with Carl's Jr in Quartzsite AZ..... question?.. where is the information on another AZ supercharger associated with Carl's Jr?
I've been reading my butt off and must have missed it. ..... help:confused: .... thanks!

@NuclearPowered: Cool pictures for a late night run! Looks like they are easy to spot right off the freeway exit!! by chance did the electrical crew trucks have any company name on them or info about other location soon to be?

... and just in case anyone needs a free level 2 charger (30Kwh) in Yuma AZ.... the two at City Hall are free.... a few blocks from the proposed Yuma SC site. (call ahead to make sure they are turned on[Ricky Rinehart 928-261-5881 7am to 3PM] ) I ranged charged at City Hall Yuma a few weeks back...Gilbert AZ to San Diego CA in my 85 Kwh and made it effortlessly. Gilbert AZ to Yuma. Yuma to San Diego CA. West coasted it a bit ....then back to San Diego for the night.. level 2 in SD as well. The following morning.. San Diego to Yuma. Yuma back to Gilbert AZ. Time consuming free level 2 (30Kwh) charging in Yuma.... but doable. I'm sure by the end of the year Yuma's SC will be up and operational. Gilbert-San Diego will then be very comfortable with a breakfast/lunch stop in Yuma.

been to Quartzite

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 280
Well if there is construction going on at Courtyard Marriott - 2650 S Beulah Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 the front desk does not know about it! It was also -6 degrees there last night! Yikes, that's cold….
The good news is that Flagstaff is warming up. Tonight the low will be +2 degrees! If Tesla is planning to 'break ground' with these temps, they might want explosives . . . or a heater!

The good news is that Flagstaff is warming up. Tonight the low will be +2 degrees! If Tesla is planning to 'break ground' with these temps, they might want explosives . . . or a heater!

Was 3 degrees F outside our garage here in Prescott this morning (10th). However, if Tesla has crews beavering away in Wyoming, Wisconsin, and South Dakota, I doubt Flagstaff temps will slow them down.