Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we are all sitting here waiting, have you looked into getting tint done? Most quotes I've been getting for the side windows, rear, and windshield are about $1000.
I haven't booked the Y yet but I have an appointment with American Eagle Protint in Tempe for June 22nd to tint the M3. It is going to be $550 for ceramic. This is for 20% rear (including full back window) and 35% on the front.

The Y should be a bit cheaper taking the huge rear window out of the equation. With the factory smoked glass on the rear of the Y, I'll probably just have them do 35% all the way around. If I had to wager a guess it'd be around $450.

Reactions: guccitrash
I haven't booked the Y yet but I have an appointment with American Eagle Protint in Tempe for June 22nd to tint the M3. It is going to be $550 for ceramic. This is for 20% rear (including full back window) and 35% on the front.

The Y should be a bit cheaper taking the huge rear window out of the equation. With the factory smoked glass on the rear of the Y, I'll probably just have them do 35% all the way around. If I had to wager a guess it'd be around $450.
be warned the factory doesnt stop heat transfer its just privacy. I am getting ceramic on all my windows. My M3 is amazing for not killing me in our summer heat and sun. Windows dont let the heat in and its great

This will be our second summer in AZ (and first with a newborn), so if anybody wants to ELI5 some recommendations on extra steps to keep the car cool (tint etc) I’d be all ears.
Windshield sun shades are useful when parked.

Dark tint doesn’t mean it’s more effective. Ceramic tint has the best heat rejection.

With the Tesla you can pre cool the car before you leave.

With the glass roof, even with UV protection, it would be a good idea to get a shade for the roof and/or a shade for the car seat. The sun is still very bright looking up during the day.

Congrats on the new baby and car!

• Love
Reactions: sunporter
While we are all sitting here waiting, have you looked into getting tint done? Most quotes I've been getting for the side windows, rear, and windshield are about $1000.

I have had three quotes now and I think I am going with AZ Auto Aesthetics (WeDetailAZ.com). They respond quickly, good reviews online, and super informative.

Ceramic tint for all side and rear windows is $599 (you can choose between 5%, 20% and 35% for that price.

They stated that the supplier of tint recommended against tinting the sunroof:

"XPEL (the tint manufacturer) does NOT recommend tinting the top or any sun roof/ moon roof type glass. The reason being that the tint is applied on the inside of the glass and the heat rejection properties can cause the glass to overheat and crack/brake. We don't really have pricing for it because we strongly recommend against it."

So I am probably going to go with a sunshade. We travel a bit for soccer to CA and NV, so will probably be helpful to have that.

Reactions: guccitrash
Hey guys, first post here. Thought I'd throw some data in the pool:

Ordered: April 9th
Financing: April 16th
Configuration: See screenshot

My 3-week delivery windows have been all over the place, including reverting back to a generic "3-13 weeks" the last couple days. This morning I'm back to a specific range of June 1st-12th. This is the first time I've seen a window narrower than 21 days.

Hoping that means I'll get a VIN soon. Sick of looking at this "proof of insurance required" page in my account. Does anyone actually add a car to their policy without a VIN or firm start date for coverage? 😏

I'm in the pool for Federal jury duty the week of 6/14, so this fluctuation has made it difficult to decide whether to jump on my current Carvana quote before it expires on Tuesday.

1622297073216.png