Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, first post here. Thought I'd throw some data in the pool:

Ordered: April 9th
Financing: April 16th
Configuration: See screenshot

My 3-week delivery windows have been all over the place, including reverting back to a generic "3-13 weeks" the last couple days. This morning I'm back to a specific range of June 1st-12th. This is the first time I've seen a window narrower than 21 days.

Hoping that means I'll get a VIN soon. Sick of looking at this "proof of insurance required" page in my account. Does anyone actually add a car to their policy without a VIN or firm start date for coverage? 😏

I'm in the pool for Federal jury duty the week of 6/14, so this fluctuation has made it difficult to decide whether to jump on my current Carvana quote before it expires on Tuesday.

View attachment 667571

You can add your current insurance (without the Tesla) and you will no longer have to look at that screen. That what most of the folks do on this forum.

Once you have the VIN, then you can call your insurance (or shop around) and load the new proof once you have it, before delivery.

You should also be able to call your insurance now and give them the type of car and see if they can give you a quote.

MYLR-5, ordered 05/06end of June date, out of blue ‘clogged-in’ my account , had to confirm Tesla Vision. Immediately assigned VIN and one week delivery window starting Memorial Day.

Goal was for a few others to try Tesla Vision before me, so guess I’ll be one of others. More data doesn’t always mean better data.

Hope it’s a good one: VIN 5YJYGDEE4MF200493

Reactions: theluckeys
After having the same early June dates and getting shifted yesterday to "3 to 5 weeks" I'm back to a more
reasonable "June 1-10" today...

One thing I wanted to ask guys: Once you pay for the car and arrange delivery, do they already have the temporary paper
license plate on the car at pickup? Does the customer have to arrange for a permanent plate and also go to the DMV to do the registration?

After having the same early June dates and getting shifted yesterday to "3 to 5 weeks" I'm back to a more

One thing I wanted to ask guys: Once you pay for the car and arrange delivery, do they already have the temporary paper
license plate on the car at pickup? Does the customer have to arrange for a permanent plate and also go to the DMV to do the registration?
Curious about this as well. I have a plate on my current car (that I will be selling as soon as I get the Tesla) that I would like transfered to the Tesla (it's a custom plate).

I suspect that should all be done for you, like any other dealership. If you look price breakdown in your account, you'll see that you are already being charged for registration. Mine shows $168.32

Plate will then come in the mail in about 2-4 weeks.

You can add your current insurance (without the Tesla) and you will no longer have to look at that screen.
Thank you! That'll make it easier to scroll to my delivery window on mobile. 😁

Anyone know the process needed to transfer one's current (specialty) plate to their new MY from an MVD perspective? I've already provided picture of plate and registration to Tesla and they have confirmed receipt, but didn't provide any further guidance. I am guessing an MVD office appointment will be needed shortly after delivery to pay taxes, but wondering about requirements to actually take delivery and drive home legally? Need to bring my own 3-day temporary plate to throw on there until my plate is technically registered to the vehicle?

1622302898148.png

Reactions: guccitrash
Curious about this as well. I have a plate on my current car (that I will be selling as soon as I get the Tesla) that I would like transfered to the Tesla (it's a custom plate).
See my post above. If you selected "Yes" to transferring your registration in the initial steps, you need to send a picture of the plate on your current vehicle and a scan/picture of your registration to [email protected]. You should receive a text message providing confirmation that the documents have been associated with your reservation.

What do you all think of the Tesla Vision? I just got back from a road trip to San Diego where I really enjoyed using AP on the majority of the trip (rented a MY from Turo). Having that limited to 75 would have been pretty annoying. Of course those limitations will eventually be removed, but there's just no timeline for that.

Stopped in the fashion square store today. SA told me that the factory has not built any cars ordered after the first week of April and expects them to be built in the next two weeks.

For some reason, I don't believe them.

That's bull. My SA (same location) told me I had a "soft hit" on a VIN arriving June 3 and possible delivery a couple of days after that.