Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yah I saw that but they all had FSD. I think those can be removed though. My only minor concern is the mileage on them. Nothing serious (2k-3k), but I really like owning a new car with under 100 miles on it 😁.

Edit: of course one major advantage is, it's very likely the demo vehicles still have the sensors and lumbar support.
good point about the lumbar. But yea I am boujee so I want as close to 0 as possible

Well folks, I matched with one of the demo vehicles earlier. 150ish VIN, so radar and lumbar, and they were able to remove FSD. Had to spec up to the white interior and the hitch, plus the car has 1300mi.

But: we’re leaving next weekend for a three month, 8-10,000 mile road trip, and they confirmed that my build wouldn’t be done until after our latest possible departure date. So, was worth it for us to get a car, with a more tested Autopilot, instead of pushing until September and trying to drive across the country with a baby and a large dog in our ICE car.

We pick up Monday…
…and now my watch is ended.

It is really tempting to jump for a demo vehicle, but I feel like I have to be close. Seems like maybe the white on white with induction wheels is what's not made yet. Or they just haven't gotten to it yet on the lot. Ultimately I've waited this long and as long as I get it before end of June I should be good.

Plus this is my first custom ordered vehicle so will be my lowest mileage car at purchase. Don't want to spoil the fun of that!

My dates have also stuck at June 15 - 30.