Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Article from my extreme right wing climate denying Dad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your dad's opinions and politics have nothing to do with what others think of the article. I would hope he doesn't ask questions regarding the things you say by prefacing it with "my extreme left wing climate alarmist daughter..." The only thing you've done by labeling your dad is to give some people an immediate bias against the article. Presumably, if you had wanted honest opinions about the article you would have not injected the question with this type of bias...
when facts aren't enough to stand on their own then denigrating the people who have differing views becomes a common tactic of people like the OP

Reactions: Eclectic
If that was my father I'd sever all ties with him... I couldn't be associated with someone that misinformed and ignorant... Please do not take that as a personal attack, that's not what I'm intending.

Jeff
now that's sad. there is no view in the political realm that I share with my father but he is still my father and regardless of how clueless his views are to me he is still my father and get both respect and love.

So, my Dad just posted this on his Facebook. I assure you I am the only person he knows that not only has interest in a Tesla, but stood in line to reserve a Model 3 in March 31, 2016. He's extreme right wing, a climate change denyer, and I think believes it Tesla is some liberal evil organization. I admit I haven't read the whole thing yet, but will be later today. So I thought I'd post this here cause I'd like to read everybody's comments after I do.

Truth in Numbers: Tesla Motors Kind of Lied to Us

If I understand you correctly, your father linked that TruthAboutCars article to Facebook.

If that is the case, all it means is that the article was interesting to him.

It's not the first article to accuse Tesla Motors of forward looking marketing. It won't be the last.

The thing is, it's common knowledge that Tesla gets overly optimistic about schedules. The essay is not news.

But while that might have some truth embedded in it, Tesla Motors is still the #1 EV company on earth as of today, and it only started building cars in 2008.

now that's sad. there is no view in the political realm that I share with my father but he is still my father and regardless of how clueless his views are to me he is still my father and get both respect and love.

Maybe to you. Not to me. We have come to a point here where even trying to reason with people is a complete waste of time. If you think climate change is a hoax, I don't have time for your ignorance. I will continue to cut people out of my life who are that ignorant. My desire to try to "change your mind" has been exhausted...

Jeff

Maybe to you. Not to me. We have come to a point here where even trying to reason with people is a complete waste of time. If you think climate change is a hoax, I don't have time for your ignorance. I will continue to cut people out of my life who are that ignorant. My desire to try to "change your mind" has been exhausted...

Jeff

If you cut everybody out of your life who is 'ignorant', you're going to be very, very lonely before your suicide. ;)

There are 2 kinds of folk:
  1. Those who know they are ignorant.
  2. Those who don't know.

• Funny
Reactions: Jeff N
If you cut everybody out of your life who is 'ignorant', you're going to be very, very lonely before your suicide. ;)

There are 2 kinds of folk:
  1. Those who know they are ignorant.
  2. Those who don't know.

It's issue driven... I hear your point though. That being said, I have plenty of friends/family who agree or are open to agreement on issues that are important to me.

Jeff

Jeff
life is easier when groupthink is engaged, eh?

the article referred to the kanban site and that one link does not corrupt the accuracy of the article, can you point to one inaccurate statement in the referenced article?
The referenced article is at best orthogonal to reality. It's hard to identify inaccuracies in innuendo. That's how it works.
And yet just due to lack of imagination, statements like these are inaccurate:
“The only way both of these statements can be true is if Tesla builds 10,000 vehicles in one week next year but still averages just 226,563 Model 3s per year over the next 5 years.”
C'mon folks, the article doesn't even rise to the level of bulls**t. It's rodent-s**t.
The only name I see associated with the OP's link is "Matt Posky" who, if he's the father of the 53 yr old OP, looks fantastic.
We are so far off topic, now veering towards "elder-abuse", that to bring us back all I can add in response to the OP's question is to please review the most cogent response I see here by @GoTslaGo:
Article from my extreme right wing climate denying Dad

Reactions: GoTslaGo and bonnie

Jeff
change my mind? you believe I am an ignorant fool because of my views, guess what, I think that you are not only ignorant, but that the high level that you value your opinions to be arrogant and condescending and those who think that they know all and are incapable of intelligent discourse are really the one's in need of help. you should learn how to have a mind that is open to differing views, lastly I find it sad that you would dismiss a loved one from your life because of their holding a differing political view.

The answer is very simple:

Tesla will likely install its second production line ELSEWHERE, where it has space, and can reduce battery shipments, such as at the Gigafactory in Nevada.

That logic is totally absent from the Kanban's analysis of the California sales-tax waiver.
I know pretty much nothing about the details behind these filings but your theory is superficially appealing to me because Elon has mentioned that future Tesla battery Gigafactories may be co-located with vehicle assembly factories. It makes a certain amount of sense to apply that to the first battery Gigafactory as well. There seems to be room to expand that Nevada location with additional building space. They just need to shave down a few more hills.

The thing about most journalists is that they start out with knowing the story they want to write & then find quotes and bits of data that support that story line. We all think they should be like investigative journalists, who search for the truth -- but they're not.
That is no doubt true of some “journalists”. Most — I don’t know. I hope it doesn’t apply to me.

change my mind? you believe I am an ignorant fool because of my views, guess what, I think that you are not only ignorant, but that the high level that you value your opinions to be arrogant and condescending and those who think that they know all and are incapable of intelligent discourse are really the one's in need of help. you should learn how to have a mind that is open to differing views, lastly I find it sad that you would dismiss a loved one from your life because of their holding a differing political view.

Yawn... I don't really care. My give a BEEP has been broken beyond repair. I don't have time to argue accepted and highly peer reviewed scientific conclusions.

Jeff