TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

As promised, Wisconsin Dells Charging now available =]

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by islandbayy, Jun 3, 2013.

1. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

As I promised, sorry for the delay in posting this.
    As of right now, I have a NEMA 14-50 Outlet available in the Wisconsin Dells. Only level 2 powered charging point in the Dells.

Located at the Sandrift Resort.
    Sandrift Resort - The Peach on the Beach in Wisconsin Dells, WI
    1080 E Hiawatha Drive
    Wisconsin Dells, Wi 53129

Unfortunately, after going over electric rates for that location, we had to make some changes, since it is just a small Mom & Pop business, they cant afford to dish out $10-$15 in electric for every EV that needs a charge. Rates are quite high in the Dells. So I worked out this scale for them.
    Motel Guests = Free Charging
    Non Guests = $2/hour to charge (Which is about break even on the electric costs). Also, once you hit $8 worth of Charging (And every $8 worth), you get a free water park ticket + Can use all monies paid tword a future stay.
    We thought that was a very fair way to do this. Sorry, they are not the Kalahari or Mt. Olympus making millions/year. We had 3 EV's charge this past weekend (not counting myself), that agreed that it was very fair, and still much cheaper then paying for gas :)

Their is also a 20 amp 120v outlet available next to the 14-50 outlet, that will be $0.25/hour Free for Guests.

Mods, If you want please move this to where you wish, I posted it here as this was where the original Wi. Dells discussion was. This will be perfect for those coming from Chicago, You'll need a way to get home!

Cheers!
    Chris

PM Me with any questions, See Main Office for access to charging (as we had to put it by the garage due to overloading the office mains). IMG_1272.jpg

2. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Very nice setup! And I love that guests charge for free.

PS Cute kid.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

"Waterpark wifi" sounds like it would get me into trouble.

4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Excellent and I see it has already been added to PlugShare so hopefully more business will head their way.

5. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

Very cool, good work! My wife and I have actually been thinking about doing a family vacation to the dells sometime this summer, I think I know where we will be staying now.

6. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Sounds good, and the Chicago Supercharger should be active by the time you come through as well :)

7. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I think that sounds like a very fair and reasonable way to offer this service.

8. Vexar

Vexar Member

Well, that's one way to put a small resort on the map! August is about the soonest I'd be coming by, but this is pretty exciting news.

9. dave

dave Member

I have crazy dreams of one day taking my Model S up to Winnipeg, MB, Canada to visit the family. If and when I do that, this will be a critical overnight stop for me. Thanks!!

10. Luder94

Luder94 Member

Let's hope that my wife and I get our Model S before our annual trip to the Dells this year. I will, for sure, make a visit out to the Sandrift (unfortunately, it'd only be a visit....we are the suckers that have a timeshare/condo up in the Dells at the Wilderness Park. I' not complaining, we got a good deal, gets used quite a bit in the Summer and Fall by us and our friends). Now just hope that the large resorts start adding in charging stations.

11. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    Thanks Chris for installing this! I hope to take a trip with my wife to UP later this month and will definitely stop by to say hi and pick up a few electrons. I'll let you know beforehand.

Thanks again!

12. justduckyangie

Very cool! That would actually push me to stay there instead of the bigger resorts too.

13. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

All are welcome! And if anyone needs a halfway point top off or just a bit extra to make the trip, I can recommend a few good free charging stations in Milwaukee.

14. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Had some Model S Fun this weekend. We had 3 MS's at the Sandrift Between Saturday and Sunday. Mine, a MS85 with Multicoat Red from the Twin Cities, man, thats a beautiful color, and another MS85 Black from Chicago. Did some musical chairs with the charging port. I was only down about 40 miles, so I plugged in before the Multicoat red arrived, and got a full standard charge. Red plugged in, estimated charge time was about 9 hrs 50 minutes (range charge), so he was overnight charge. Arrived with about 13 miles left, and the black MS85 came Sunday morning about a hour after the Red left, had about 50 miles left as he was using a 120v in the parking lot of the motel he was staying at. Thought he could get a full charge that way, as it was his first time using a 120v, didn't quite work out ;) 120 is more for emergencies.
    Got him plugged in, was about 6 hr 30 minutes estimated for a range charge to get back to chicago.

Seems like we are really starting to make use of this charging port :) Keep em coming!

15. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Great job Chris!!!! You are right, 120V is sloooooooow!