Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

As promised, Wisconsin Dells Charging now available =]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I promised, sorry for the delay in posting this.
As of right now, I have a NEMA 14-50 Outlet available in the Wisconsin Dells. Only level 2 powered charging point in the Dells.

Located at the Sandrift Resort.
Sandrift Resort - The Peach on the Beach in Wisconsin Dells, WI
1080 E Hiawatha Drive
Wisconsin Dells, Wi 53129

Unfortunately, after going over electric rates for that location, we had to make some changes, since it is just a small Mom & Pop business, they cant afford to dish out $10-$15 in electric for every EV that needs a charge. Rates are quite high in the Dells. So I worked out this scale for them.
Motel Guests = Free Charging
Non Guests = $2/hour to charge (Which is about break even on the electric costs). Also, once you hit $8 worth of Charging (And every $8 worth), you get a free water park ticket + Can use all monies paid tword a future stay.
We thought that was a very fair way to do this. Sorry, they are not the Kalahari or Mt. Olympus making millions/year. We had 3 EV's charge this past weekend (not counting myself), that agreed that it was very fair, and still much cheaper then paying for gas :)

Their is also a 20 amp 120v outlet available next to the 14-50 outlet, that will be $0.25/hour Free for Guests.

Mods, If you want please move this to where you wish, I posted it here as this was where the original Wi. Dells discussion was. This will be perfect for those coming from Chicago, You'll need a way to get home!

Cheers!
Chris

PM Me with any questions, See Main Office for access to charging (as we had to put it by the garage due to overloading the office mains).
IMG_1272.jpg

Reactions: sdoorex
Let's hope that my wife and I get our Model S before our annual trip to the Dells this year. I will, for sure, make a visit out to the Sandrift (unfortunately, it'd only be a visit....we are the suckers that have a timeshare/condo up in the Dells at the Wilderness Park. I' not complaining, we got a good deal, gets used quite a bit in the Summer and Fall by us and our friends). Now just hope that the large resorts start adding in charging stations.

Had some Model S Fun this weekend. We had 3 MS's at the Sandrift Between Saturday and Sunday. Mine, a MS85 with Multicoat Red from the Twin Cities, man, thats a beautiful color, and another MS85 Black from Chicago. Did some musical chairs with the charging port. I was only down about 40 miles, so I plugged in before the Multicoat red arrived, and got a full standard charge. Red plugged in, estimated charge time was about 9 hrs 50 minutes (range charge), so he was overnight charge. Arrived with about 13 miles left, and the black MS85 came Sunday morning about a hour after the Red left, had about 50 miles left as he was using a 120v in the parking lot of the motel he was staying at. Thought he could get a full charge that way, as it was his first time using a 120v, didn't quite work out ;) 120 is more for emergencies.
Got him plugged in, was about 6 hr 30 minutes estimated for a range charge to get back to chicago.

Seems like we are really starting to make use of this charging port :) Keep em coming!

Hey Chris! Are these still operating and do you have the same policies allowing non guests to charge? we are staying at GCL coming from the QCA. I called GCL to see if they had any options for EV charging and I was sharply told no and if they caught me plugging in anywhere I would be ticketed. We haven’t even arrived and I’m already unhappy staying there.

Reactions: islandbayy
Hey Chris! Are these still operating and do you have the same policies allowing non guests to charge? we are staying at GCL coming from the QCA. I called GCL to see if they had any options for EV charging and I was sharply told no and if they caught me plugging in anywhere I would be ticketed. We haven’t even arrived and I’m already unhappy staying there.
Still available. Call-Ahead only. $5/hr for non-overnight guests. Free for guests. We only have 1 HPWC now. Someone stole the other a couple of years back, and Tesla doesn't support destination charging businesses for the most part anymore.

What is a QCA and GCL?

The HPWC is up to 80 amps at 240v (Not 208).

www.SandriftResort.com
or
Listings from Christopher