Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swung by Decatur today. Good and Bad News...
Good News: several August-build Performance Model 3s with 20" wheels and GORGEOUS white interior are now on the lot (were not there on Friday).
Bad News: the one (silver) version that I took a look at had damage to the glass roof just above the left rear corner, and damage to the nearby body panels as well. What a pity that such a gorgeous car appears to have been wounded in transit. Gotta wonder who eats that cost...Tesla shareholders or transport company shareholders. My fear is the former, for expediency if nothing else.

The white interior is out-of-this-world gorgeous. Looks great (to me) on both the silver paint and the white paint.
These were the only two that I saw (the 20" wheels jumped out at me) but I suspect there were other Performance in the lot as well.
Roughly 50 Model 3s in the lot today. Fewer than in the past, but still a big number.

Reactions: MikeATL
Easy pickup process. In and out in ~20. There was literally nobody there but me picking up. Wish I would have just gone a day early and asked nicely now but oh well.

Glad you had an easy experience and finally got your car. But man, hard to believe there was no one else picking up while you were there. With ~ 50 Model 3s on the lot ready for delivery I would think they would be quite busy.

Hello Tesla Service Center, I’m ready! Financing approved, ready to go here, just call me.:)

Easy pickup process. In and out in ~20. There was literally nobody there but me picking up. Wish I would have just gone a day early and asked nicely now but oh well.

I was ther on Monday for about 90 minutes for some service and there was 1 delivery during that time. They said they are just starting to get spun up and will be doing many more deliveries a day soon. The lot was about 1/3 full or so with cars waiting to be delivered.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Was over that way so I stopped by the new Alpharetta Service Center this afternoon. There must be almost 50 Model 3s on the lot being prepped for delivery. I spoke with one of the delivery advisors and she said most of them are RWD while a few are Performance, but no AWD non-P yet. She looked at my account but couldn’t tell me anything other than Sept - Nov timeframe that is shown.

So nothing of note came from the visit, although I got just enough Tesla goodness to hold me over for a while! :)

Was over that way so I stopped by the new Alpharetta Service Center this afternoon. There must be almost 50 Model 3s on the lot being prepped for delivery. I spoke with one of the delivery advisors and she said most of them are RWD while a few are Performance, but no AWD non-P yet. She looked at my account but couldn’t tell me anything other than Sept - Nov timeframe that is shown.

So nothing of note came from the visit, although I got just enough Tesla goodness to hold me over for a while! :)
So are they actually delivering cars out of that location, or just prepping them for Decatur deliveries?

Dan​

Just used TE Certified Electricians for HPWC install - quick and painless.

Outdoor HPWC Install Atlanta (Pictures)

That looks great.

TE hasn't responded to my request for an estimate. On Friday I had Ampt, Arc Angel and EnviroSpark come out to provide estimates. I've heard back from two of them - $1,050 from Arc Angel and $1,100 from Ampt. This is for an indoor install right next to the breaker box. I think I need to call one or two electricians that aren't on Tesla's recommended list.

That looks great.

TE hasn't responded to my request for an estimate. On Friday I had Ampt, Arc Angel and EnviroSpark come out to provide estimates. I've heard back from two of them - $1,050 from Arc Angel and $1,100 from Ampt. This is for an indoor install right next to the breaker box. I think I need to call one or two electricians that aren't on Tesla's recommended list.
Are they supplying the charger or is that just for the install? A friend of mine that is an electrician installed mine. 30' run from the box. 60 amp dedicated circuit. $500 for the install. He is on the north side of Atlanta if you are interested.

Dan

That looks great.

That price is insane if they're just doing the install. Shouldn't be more than $500; you're being quoted The Tesla Premium for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.