Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attorney / Lawyer _ AutoPilot - Like Seriously?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we sure car manufactures who don't have TACC? If I get back into a car without TACC is it my fault if the cruise control doesn't stop before I hit the wall. Surely I must be able to sue the car manufacture who does not provide TACC, right?

Do we even want the link here to add page views for them?

I purposely didn't click on it. This could easily be the next "fire!!!" and grow legs. You gotta admit though, this is incredibly risky for Tesla, being the first and having a Billionaire owner and all. I'm hoping mankind will see the huge benefit of this once it gets the bugs ironed out. There will be far less accidents overall and holy cow, think about all the Drunk Drivers who may actually get home without killing anyone. Of course the Lawyers will say this "encourages Drunk Driving" so there's that... It will be interesting to see what happens.

Sorry had to vent, but came across this during my Google search.
These people make me feel sick...

Will Self-Driving Tech Lead to a Tesla Autopilot Lawsuit?

Do we even want the link here to add page views for them?

Tip of the day! Whenever you want to link to something but not generate page views, advertisement revenue, etc, you can just prefix the URL with http : // unvis . it (without the spaces that I added to prevent the forum from turning it into a link - any better way to do that?) and it'll take care of the rest. Like this: UV : attorneygroup.com/blog/tesla-autopilot-lawsuit/

I'm neither a lawyer nor a software developer nor a businessman, but I always thought that calling it "Autopilot" was potential legal flypaper. I'm surprised Tesla's lawyers didn't recommend something more technically specific (if less catchy).
Technically, autopilot is an established term that means a feature that assists the operator. I don't really see big issue.

Volvo also calls their system autopilot:
http://www.volvocars.com/intl/about/our-innovation-brands/intellisafe/intellisafe-autopilot

Actually we SHOULD be clicking on it. Give them false hope that people care. And every click costs them money in whatever advertising scheme they are using. Just like I always click on my political opponents ads. Sure I'll watch that. And I'll let Google take 2.5cents for my having sat through it. And I'll do it again because you're not going to change my mind. So I'm just wasting your money.

Actually we SHOULD be clicking on it. Give them false hope that people care. And every click costs them money in whatever advertising scheme they are using. Just like I always click on my political opponents ads. Sure I'll watch that. And I'll let Google take 2.5cents for my having sat through it. And I'll do it again because you're not going to change my mind. So I'm just wasting your money.

its a direct link not through an agency as far as I can tell. The traffic would therefore be free and the kudos will raise their search engine placing.

I agree reed when it's an advert, you should do the same (click on any ad) shown on web sites you like as they often get paid by click and not impression. We could all support this site by clicking an ad once a day (I have no affiliation with the site other than being a free member)

I'm neither a lawyer nor a software developer nor a businessman, but I always thought that calling it "Autopilot" was potential legal flypaper. I'm surprised Tesla's lawyers didn't recommend something more technically specific (if less catchy).

Dude, if Tesla's Lawyers allowed "insane mode" and "ludicrous mode" then I'm fairly certainly they aren't going to raise a red flag at "Autopilot".