Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi Q6 e-tron EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First full charge gave me a range of 365km (10% left in the battery). I would not call this lack of range.
As I live in Switzerland, I don't do that much ultra long range driving anyways. I prefer the planes for longer distances.

As for charging options I really don't think I will run into problems. CCS infrastructure is quite OK over here.
Here's a map, red is Tesla Superchargers, dark green is CCS 100kW+ fast chargers, light green is regular CCS ~50kW, brown is not open 24/7.

Unbenannt.JPG

What's your source for the nifty combined map? One of the main hurdles to greater EV adoption is the heterogeneity of on-the-go charging opportunities, be it in the realms of availability, schedules, payment systems, etc. that make predictable routing so much harder.

First full charge gave me a range of 365km (10% left in the battery). I would not call this lack of range.

My general interest is in range on dual carriageway at 75 MPH / 120 KPH. In that area comparisons of Tesla, iPace and eTron have indicated that Tesla significantly (20%-ish) better, but in case of iPace seems to depend on the vehicle - the assumption being that battery QA is variable and some vehicles better than others.

At 50MPH they are all about the same.

Why I think this matters (dunno if it is just me though?) is that on days when I drive less-than-range I don't care :) Fill up at home overnight and just drive. On days when i am driving more-than-range here in UK that journey will most likely be on dual carriageway at 75MPH cruise.

Driving a Tesla with Supercharger available on my route, the figures I have seen suggest that "drive faster, charge longer" is the shortest journey time (up to about 90 MPH ...). For a more thirsty car, and until we get 300+ Kw chargers, the consumption is a key issue and favours "drive slower" on long journeys :(

I am out of range about 2 days a month, its quite a small proportion of my driving, but on those days I have arrival-times to meet (business meetings etc.) so unpredictability of having to charge (might all stalls be full? etc.) is a concern, and thus I generally only want to take EV if I can get to client, and back to Supercharger, before having to charge ... so for those trips 75 MPH range is a key factor for me, and FWIW significantly overrides other positive points of a brand.

For someone who never goes out of range, or only does so infrequently when they have time-to-charge, e.g. going on holiday, none of that would be a concern. I have no idea what percentage of people this is an issue for.