Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio: Handsfree audio problems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know your posting was over a year ago--any improvement? I, too, have a Galaxy S3, and it works great in my Lexus LS460--even group calls. And when I took my Tesla test drive (still awaiting delivery of my new car), it also worked great.

Anyone else with a Galaxy S series phone?

I also have chronic issues using Android, iOS (6.x, 7), and Windows Phone. My car has the newer Oct 13 tech pkg, took delivery in December. EVERY caller says it sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel.
Multiple software updates, unpairing, repairing, reboots have done nothing. When I took it into the shop, they said they couldn't reproduce it.

I would think Tesla would want to dig deep on this one - imagine how many phone calls are made by Tesla owners? Even if it's a rare few of us who are dealing with, that's a lot of people who now know your Tesla can't do what a Ford Fiesta can ;)

I also have chronic issues using Android, iOS (6.x, 7), and Windows Phone. My car has the newer Oct 13 tech pkg, took delivery in December. EVERY caller says it sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel.
Multiple software updates, unpairing, repairing, reboots have done nothing. When I took it into the shop, they said they couldn't reproduce it.

I would think Tesla would want to dig deep on this one - imagine how many phone calls are made by Tesla owners? Even if it's a rare few of us who are dealing with, that's a lot of people who now know your Tesla can't do what a Ford Fiesta can ;)

Visit your SC and get them to replace the microphones ....

I had this experience with a loaner car a few days ago. The sound quality from my car has always been fine, but when I paired my phone to the loaner and called my partner he said the sound was horrible. "Do not call into a work meeting from that car - they won't be able to understand you." Back in my car the next day and the sound is great. Both cars are June builds about 700 vins apart. So it does appear that this is car dependent and not yet solved.