Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio lowers when doors are open, happened recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car in April. Has always worked that way for my car. I think I recall reading some old threads where maybe the audio didn't used to auto-lower when opening the car. But I think that was fixed a fair amount of time ago (though I don't know when, exactly).

Owners that have had their cars much longer than you guys have been asking for the sound to turn down - for a long time.
Its funny. One group wants some higher or lower and complains until its done. Then another groups wants to know why - what happened, when's it going to be fixed. Ahhhhh Car building-by-consensus. Love it.

Last edited:
Odd, I was going to say this must have been recent as I just started to notice this only now over the past week or so. Or maybe they tweaked how low the volume goes down. I usually don't play music that loud so I might have just not noticed this before.

Odd, I was going to say this must have been recent as I just started to notice this only now over the past week or so. Or maybe they tweaked how low the volume goes down. I usually don't play music that loud so I might have just not noticed this before.
Back when I was a young'un, before there was even b&w TV we used to huddle around the RCA radio to listen to the news and the Black Shadow. When company used to ride over from the next farm to visit and listen, my pappy used to turn the radio volume down and we had to gather closer 'round the three legged table. When asked why, pappy would say it uses more 'lectrecity the more people that are listening with the volume up. Made sense to me, but then again I was 19 and living in town before I found out that you can drink beer cold.

We used to have north bound cows and south bound cows. Actually it wasn't that the cows were going anywhere. Its more 'bout they were facing either north or south. We lived in the hills of Appalachia and our farm was on the sides of two hills. We got out 'bout noon at school for 'bout an hour so we could go home and move the cows. Cows that live on hillsides have legs longer on one side than the other. So, we had to move the north facing cows down one hill turn them in the other direction and back up the side of the other hill. And the same for the south facing hill/cows. If not the butter wouldn't churn - it stayed cream.

When a new teacher came to the community, and didn't believe we needed to move and turn the cows, we had to show'em. So in the first couple of days of the new school year, we'd take the teacher out and show'em, when we just turned the cows without moving them to the other hill, their longer legs on one side would cause them to tip over and fall off the hill. I loved it. That was the only time of the year that we could get milkshakes without pappy whoopin' our hinds.

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr