Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August delivery unrealistic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 75D order confirmed back in April that my DS is telling me isn't likely to be delivered until early September.

Given that Tesla's new order page is quoting August delivery for 75Ds confirmed today.... What gives? At the time the configurator went fully public, it was quoting July delivery, and that was after I'd already confirmed.

It's even more frustrating to read others on here expecting late June/early July deliveries. Any rhyme or reason to the various dates being communicated?

I have a 75D order confirmed back in April that my DS is telling me isn't likely to be delivered until early September.

Given that Tesla's new order page is quoting August delivery for 75Ds confirmed today.... What gives? At the time the configurator went fully public, it was quoting July delivery, and that was after I'd already confirmed.

It's even more frustrating to read others on here expecting late June/early July deliveries. Any rhyme or reason to the various dates being communicated?
What is your configuration?

I'm hoping my DS is just subscribing to the "under promise over-deliver" school of customer service, but he did say he hasn't yet seen any 75d models that he's handling have a production start date earlier than August.

I'm hoping my DS is just subscribing to the "under promise over-deliver" school of customer service, but he did say he hasn't yet seen any 75d models that he's handling have a production start date earlier than August.

I sure hope you're wrong. My 75d confirmed about a month ago, with the order screen saying July, which it continued to do for a couple more weeks.

The DS won't tell me anything, just that it hasn't been scheduled yet and we'll talk when I get a VIN.

I was thinking July was possible - there's a string of 75d folks who got VINs last week and are being promised end of June deliveries...

Reactions: mlouie23
I ordered my 90D Jan 1st with the 5 seat set up. Then changed it to the 7 seat configuration. Got a confirmationof the changes 2 days ago. I never received nor ever seen any expected delivery date except end on 2016. I was told changing it to the 6 seater would speed up delivery date but I've yet to hear anything. I'm not sure when I should expect it.

I ordered my 90D Jan 1st with the 5 seat set up. Then changed it to the 7 seat configuration. Got a confirmationof the changes 2 days ago. I never received nor ever seen any expected delivery date except end on 2016. I was told changing it to the 6 seater would speed up delivery date but I've yet to hear anything. I'm not sure when I should expect it.
I'm quite similar to you with a 1/4/16 order of 90D non premium 5 seater with corporate telling me no 5 seater till mid late 2016. I pulled the plug yesterday on 5 seat and went up to 6 seats based on corporate telling me my new config would deliver by end of July. By 5 seat, hello summer 6 seat! Was told I should see a VIN very quickly, in a matter of days. We will see truth or dare!

I'm quite similar to you with a 1/4/16 order of 90D non premium 5 seater with corporate telling me no 5 seater till mid late 2016. I pulled the plug yesterday on 5 seat and went up to 6 seats based on corporate telling me my new config would deliver by end of July. By 5 seat, hello summer 6 seat! Was told I should see a VIN very quickly, in a matter of days. We will see truth or dare!
Sorry to see you leave the "5 seat group" ;) Glad you will get your car sooner.

Yes. No folding 5 seat in the future, and no need for the 3rd row, but with more people telling me about the squished 3 seats in middle row, I thought, why not, make it a 4 seater with last row always stowed away. Will be more roomy and room to put "good stuff" up the middle without the middle row middle seat in the way. I think there has been enough beta testers ahead of me, so mid-2016 is my sweet spot, not fall.

Yes. No folding 5 seat in the future, and no need for the 3rd row, but with more people telling me about the squished 3 seats in middle row, I thought, why not, make it a 4 seater with last row always stowed away. Will be more roomy and room to put "good stuff" up the middle without the middle row middle seat in the way. I think there has been enough beta testers ahead of me, so mid-2016 is my sweet spot, not fall.
This is why we went from 5 seats to 6, once we were able to sit it the 7 seat configuration I could not sit in the middle of the 2nd row, my head hit the roof where the main structure for the fwd is located. Unless you are not tall you cannot sit there.

I switched to the 6 seater and it took about 2 weeks before I got a confirmation that the change had been made to the y seaterm from the five seater. I got that email confirmation on 6/8/16 and talked with my DS today and still no Vin # or any idea of a build date. He said he couldn't tell me anything until after I got a VIN #. Seems crazy your DS can tell you by the end of July. That would be great if that's the case. Have you gotten a email confirmation that the change has been made to the 6 seater? I can't believe it took 2 weeks to just get that! Half the the year is here now and I would think that it would be soon according to Tesla's time line. Especially if they say late 2016 for the 5 seater.

I posted on the August forum that in less than 24 hours from my phone call with corporate to upgrade from 5 to 6 seats I received my VIN 11100 and my DS emailed me that he would track my production to an anticipated delivery in late July, ~50 days from upgrade into my hands. That's the kind of responsiveness I expected from this nimble company. Thanks Elon et al!

My 5-seat order changed to 6-seat as follows:

3/11 Jon McNeill email saying: "Right now we're producing Model X 90D with 6-seat and 7-seat configurations. If you would like to change your Model X to one of these configurations, you could take delivery in April/May."

4/29 We (actually my wife) finally agreed to pay the extra $3k for the unwanted 6-seat version (that I always wanted).

5/14 Received VIN 77xx and DS "expect delivery 6/25-6/30.

6/7 DS message: "Pretty much completely built" expect delivery week of 6/20.

Hoping DS estimate will become reality.