Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August delivery unrealistic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 75D order confirmed back in April that my DS is telling me isn't likely to be delivered until early September.

Given that Tesla's new order page is quoting August delivery for 75Ds confirmed today.... What gives? At the time the configurator went fully public, it was quoting July delivery, and that was after I'd already confirmed.

It's even more frustrating to read others on here expecting late June/early July deliveries. Any rhyme or reason to the various dates being communicated?

I actually had two people from tesla tell me last friday They are under no obligation to even come close to that date on there website.. its a guess not a promise or a deadline ...

something should be posted on the site actually saying this, cause it really does feel like they told me what ever they needed to to get me to order and after the 1st week your deposit is non refundable .. so they lie and get 2500 to boot.. something about that just doesn't seem right.

Reactions: Marcls and EVKevin
I have a 75D order confirmed back in April that my DS is telling me isn't likely to be delivered until early September.

Given that Tesla's new order page is quoting August delivery for 75Ds confirmed today.... What gives? At the time the configurator went fully public, it was quoting July delivery, and that was after I'd already confirmed.

It's even more frustrating to read others on here expecting late June/early July deliveries. Any rhyme or reason to the various dates being communicated?

Here's a happy follow-up: August delivery not so unrealistic after all, as I'm scheduled to pick up my 75D tomorrow. Right up until the end my DS was telling me it would take longer than it did, to the point where there was a scramble at the end to make sure my old car and all the insurance details etc were all taken care of. But hopefully tomorrow's delivery will go off without a hitch.

Reactions: Saghost
dropd - the computer did a better job of estimating back when you ordered than the DS did through the process. I just can't see the value of the DS program ongoing (after 2016) when Model 3 is due out in 2017. The computer itself gave realistic data and most likely that is what has to be done for a more affordable Model 3. Maintaining the DS staff for other things like S and X only or even moving over to the solar and battery job scheduling seems appropriate. Managing when solar installs go in takes a lot of manpower including running for township and county permits, ensuring engineering is done on time, etc. Keeping in touch with eager car buyers is more hand-holding and assurance than realistically tactical and useful activity. The DS program adds value in that you are paying a lot for a car and want to know "someone is out there". But it doesn't really scale well and can even give confusing dates today as you have seen.

dropd - the computer did a better job of estimating back when you ordered than the DS did through the process. I just can't see the value of the DS program ongoing (after 2016) when Model 3 is due out in 2017. The computer itself gave realistic data and most likely that is what has to be done for a more affordable Model 3. Maintaining the DS staff for other things like S and X only or even moving over to the solar and battery job scheduling seems appropriate. Managing when solar installs go in takes a lot of manpower including running for township and county permits, ensuring engineering is done on time, etc. Keeping in touch with eager car buyers is more hand-holding and assurance than realistically tactical and useful activity. The DS program adds value in that you are paying a lot for a car and want to know "someone is out there". But it doesn't really scale well and can even give confusing dates today as you have seen.

The computer didn't do a great job. In the original post I mention that when I confirmed my order it told me "July", not August.

Here's a happy follow-up: August delivery not so unrealistic after all, as I'm scheduled to pick up my 75D tomorrow. Right up until the end my DS was telling me it would take longer than it did, to the point where there was a scramble at the end to make sure my old car and all the insurance details etc were all taken care of. But hopefully tomorrow's delivery will go off without a hitch.

Hopefully that's a good sign for me. I confirmed my 70D order way back in March, and my DS has been telling me September/October, yet I see folks online here with orders after me and VINs near or after mine (including 75D orders) are taking delivery in August.