Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our delivery on Friday got cancelled when they called to say the car suffered damage in transit.
Old vin was ..NF357xxx

They removed the VIN off our profile and put it back to a new EDD window of 1/23-2/6
So that likely means the damage was bad enough they do not expect the body shop to fix it quickly and we likely are getting a new VIN number.
Said they needed to replace the windshield, the front end had rock damage and body shop was going to update them after doing a full assessment. So I'm guessing since they have not gotten our money yet they might be assigning us a new VIN if that can be delivered more quickly.

Also the insurance company here who does supplemental glass insurance will not cover Teslas, wonder if they have trouble getting the glass here.
I’ve heard of this a few times. Really wish they followed up to say what the damage was.

we have the same EDD, hopefully cars come together and not damaged..
In Alberta, unlikely.

But yeah, makes you wonder why they do not put more robust protection on in transit cars going on open car carriers in our climate.
Or use enclosed carriers.

I’ve heard of this a few times. Really wish they followed up to say what the damage was.

Well, they said windshield and front end rock damage.
Seems pretty clear and not much more to say beyond what the body shop comes back with in terms of ETA for a repair but it's still their car not ours at this point. Likely doesn't matter if they end up giving that car to someone else down the list after it gets fixed and we get one of the next batch instead. They probably want to deliver whatever is ready first either the repaired car or the next unit with our config to arrive and clear our name off the delivery list. All the other car companies likely have similar issues with cars being delivered and failing pre delivery inspection you just are less likely to hear about it.

I almost witnessed a car transporter make a massive error on a low bridge last week. Likely making a delivery to a Honda dealer on the other side of a 4.0m railway underpass with their 4.4m car carrier. He stopped in time and the off ramp to the highway was about 20m back so just had to wait for a break in traffic to back up and go over to the truck route he should be using. So that would have been a bad one for someone waiting on a new Honda.

It is VIN day for me!!!!! NF362xxx. EDD changed to 1/20-1/24.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 6.23.16 AM.png

Mine was September and now back to Jan-Feb
When was it September and when did it change back? What was the edd before September?
What is your order date, profile completion date, and configuration? That seems way out of line if your OD and PCD are in August 2021.
I just checked the app this morning and it says i got pushed all the way back to September...
It happened with my order too. Was September just for a day a couple of days ago. Got changed to Feb 26 - March 26. Which earlier was March 13 - April 10.