Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well good news! Just called Tesla today (to determine my build date) and my model Y is ahead of schedule. My delivery day was 9/4, now moved to 8/31.

I also confirmed that my build was 8/17 out of the factory. Fingers crossed for new tail lights and a quality build with VIN 36xxx!

Last edited:
Well good news! Just called Tesla today (to determine my build date) and my model Y is ahead of schedule. My delivery day was 9/4, now moved to 8/31.

I also confirmed that my build was 8/17 out of the factory. Fingers crossed for new tail lights and a quality build with VIN 36xxx!
Mine was built in July and has a VIN 32,8XX and it’s perfect. I’ve challenged people to find a defect and no one has yet.

I ordered a Red PUP mid July. Tuesday I got a text estimating delivery in 1-2 weeks. I talked to my SA yesterday to ask about a VIN since delivery is right around the corner and they said my Y was currently in production. They said it takes 3 days to make one and once they come off of the assembly line, they assign the VIN to an order. They said to expect a VIN in 3 days and delivery to Oregon 7 days later. Hopefully they are correct.

Reactions: Janene
I ordered a Red PUP mid July. Tuesday I got a text estimating delivery in 1-2 weeks. I talked to my SA yesterday to ask about a VIN since delivery is right around the corner and they said my Y was currently in production. They said it takes 3 days to make one and once they come off of the assembly line, they assign the VIN to an order. They said to expect a VIN in 3 days and delivery to Oregon 7 days later. Hopefully they are correct.

If that is true about taking 3 days, then mine which was built on 8/25 probably doesnt have the casting machine. Damn

Finally got my VIN and delivery date.

White/Black, LR AWD, 20"
Ordered: 7/21/20
Delivery call: 8/27/20
Delivery date: 8/30/20
VIN: 436xx

The SA said it should be leaving the factory 8/28 or 8/29 and since I'm in LA I should be able to pick it up on Sunday 8/30. This is the highest VIN I've seen according to the spreadsheet, I'm curious to see if it will have the new rear casting.

Finally got my VIN and delivery date.

White/Black, LR AWD, 20"
Ordered: 7/21/20
Delivery call: 8/27/20
Delivery date: 8/30/20
VIN: 436xx

The SA said it should be leaving the factory 8/28 or 8/29 and since I'm in LA I should be able to pick it up on Sunday 8/30. This is the highest VIN I've seen according to the spreadsheet, I'm curious to see if it will have the new rear casting.

Los Angeles and not the state of LA right? :)

Ordered 7/24
Got text on 8/13 saying it’s on the way and I can pick up on 8/26
Got another text on 8/22 saying it’s ready for pickup.
Vin: ending 312xx

FEW PANEL GAPS//small dent under passenger door handle. Have a service appointment for 9/15 and was told a loaner would be given. Service team and Sales Manager have both been good to deal with so far.

Model Y
LR Dual Motor AWD
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
20" Induction Wheels
Black Premium Interior
Autopilot
Tow Hitch

Ordered 07/26
Received text 08/21 saying car can be scheduled for delivery
Arranged for pick-up/car delivery on 09/08 (earliest option was day before on 7th)
On 08/25 stopped by Tesla store and received my VIN via Tesla Advisor's text
VIN: 5YJYGDEE7xxx

Eagerly awaiting pick-up in week or so!

I would recommend reaching out to your service advisor and show frustration for delays and if you don't get responses. I ordered on 8/1/2020 and got a text on 8/11/2020 that it will be delivered in 3-5 weeks. Then I didn't hear anything until 8/26/2020. I sent emails and texts without a response. Then I sent an email with all caps in subject line asking to respond and added I'll be contacting Tesla to change service advisor. The very next morning, I got 2 calls a text message and I was able to schedule pickup for September 12. No VIN number yet but I should get that soon.

Order: 8/1/2020
VIN: TBD
Delivery date: 9/12
Spec: MY LR AWD, White on Black, FSD, 20”, Tow

I got my bin yesterday and it's 368xx. I called today to request confirmation on build date.

Ordered 7/24
Got text on 8/13 saying it’s on the way and I can pick up on 8/26
Got another text on 8/22 saying it’s ready for pickup.
Vin: ending 312xx

FEW PANEL GAPS//small dent under passenger door handle. Have a service appointment for 9/15 and was told a loaner would be given. Service team and Sales Manager have both been good to deal with so far.

I will be picking mine up at Schaumburg next week, which Tesla SC did you pickup yours from?

Model Y
LR Dual Motor AWD
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
20" Induction Wheels
Black Premium Interior
Autopilot
Tow Hitch

Ordered 07/26
Received text 08/21 saying car can be scheduled for delivery
Arranged for pick-up/car delivery on 09/08 (earliest option was day before on 7th)
On 08/25 stopped by Tesla store and received my VIN via Tesla Advisor's text
VIN: 5YJYGDEE7xxx

Eagerly awaiting pick-up in week or so!

Let us know how it goes. That is a early build if the VIN is 7000... Good luck!

Hopefully this means they're running a batch of reds with mine in the batch. My Tuesdy text was for 2 to 4 weeks for delivery to NC so the timeline looks about right.

• Love
Reactions: Reborn