Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked mine up today, white, hitch, non performance. Vin 35xxx. I was worried it would have issues but it was pretty good, bumper clip was off a little and they fixed that and quite a bit of adhesive was left on the paint and they got that off. Panel gaps were all pretty good.

Ordered 7/28 - White on White with 20's - just got VIN # today and notice that car finished production and is on the way! VIN is 40500 range. Picking up in Princeton NJ

Congratulations on your MY. I placed my order on 7/28 W/B gemini no fsd. Yesterday I received text saying another 2 -4 weeks. Not sure how they are prioritizing deliveries. Patiently waiting.

Hey all,
First post here and first Tesla. Really excited and patiently waiting it for it to come (said expected 3-5 week). I have a trip at the end of 4 weeks so hoping it comes before our trip!

Ordered: 8/23
MY LR AWD White on Black, 20’s w/FSD

I cancelled my 3 order and ordered a Y on Monday. 3-5 week estimate like you. My order page though has a dash where the estimate should be. What about you?

Well, I got a new VIN. I ordered 8/14 to be delivered to Devon, PA. But switched it to Cherry Hill, NJ on 8/24. SA first told me, VIN would be the same, but today, the MVPA updated and the VIN is different. 41xxx, being built today, 8/26. He told me it should arrived on 9/12.

Guess someone else will get the first VIN I was assigned (38xxx, 8/23 build). Hoping the new build will get the new tail lights and the new stamping.

MY Performance, Blue, No FSD, Black Interior
Ordered 8/20
8/25 - Text for 1-3 week delivery
Currently waiting on VIN.

This seems unusually fast to me. Anyone know if this might be a rejected delivery they are trying to push to me?
Since you're CA, I'd be concerned. Most of the early August west coast orders are being promised end of quarter. Might be fine, but go in suspicious. :)

MY Performance, Blue, No FSD, Black Interior
Ordered 8/20
8/25 - Text for 1-3 week delivery
Currently waiting on VIN.

This seems unusually fast to me. Anyone know if this might be a rejected delivery they are trying to push to me?
No reason to suspect it's a reject... You can find out more once your VIN gets assigned. Whatever anyone says would be pure speculation right now...

Reactions: CO_MY
Well, I got a new VIN. I ordered 8/14 to be delivered to Devon, PA. But switched it to Cherry Hill, NJ on 8/24. SA first told me, VIN would be the same, but today, the MVPA updated and the VIN is different. 41xxx, being built today, 8/26. He told me it should arrived on 9/12.

Guess someone else will get the first VIN I was assigned (38xxx, 8/23 build). Hoping the new build will get the new tail lights and the new stamping.
New taillights??????

Since you're CA, I'd be concerned. Most of the early August west coast orders are being promised end of quarter. Might be fine, but go in suspicious. :)

No reason to suspect it's a reject... You can find out more once your VIN gets assigned. Whatever anyone says would be pure speculation right now...

agreed, just suspicious to me since it seems super fast. i'll report back in once i get a VIN, and check with SA.

Thought I saw somewhere else builds after 8/13 receive the new tailights for what it’s worth...

Hey guys and ladies, just checked my account and my VIN is now showing right above my delivery time. Does that mean my Y is made and gone for transport? It has 7 days before delivery a week from today so I was wondering why it’s showing up today. Oh and I’m kinda geeked about the taillights. I will put that on video as well.

So, if today is the 26th and it takes about a week to get to Georgia from California on a semi, it would be appropriate to deduce that my Y would have been made within the dates of 8/17-8/25? That would give it 8 days to get here. Now if the rumors are true about the lights. Wouldn’t you think any Y with the new lights more than likely has the new rear end as well? Or perhaps some battery goodies too???

So, if today is the 26th and it takes about a week to get to Georgia from California on a semi, it would be appropriate to deduce that my Y would have been made within the dates of 8/17-8/25? That would give it 8 days to get here. Now if the rumors are true about the lights. Wouldn’t you think any Y with the new lights more than likely has the new rear end as well? Or perhaps some battery goodies too???
too many deductions here :) Very unlikely that it will have the single piece casting, and that really doesn't matter to the consumer if it is there or not. Ultimately, what matters most is that your car is well built. The battery is extremely unlikely to be different also... Just my opinion, obviously...