Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mind taking a pic of the rear bumper when its in the shade? Thank you!

Sure....See attached.
I attached side views on each side. I did have one straight on but some how it won’t let me load. After doing it I see what everyone has been taking about about the bumper and the two different colors.

I will say I know that Toyota had an issue with this exact thing on the earlier 2000’s Camrys. The bumper being plastic and the trunk being metal. No biggie but being a over $50k car I could see everybody having gripes about it.

Attachments

• 33ADA953-7370-4D53-A6B2-D23EF8428AF3.jpeg
    33ADA953-7370-4D53-A6B2-D23EF8428AF3.jpeg
    362.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 831E8BA9-DC4D-461C-96E7-2BACEB74CEFA.jpeg
    831E8BA9-DC4D-461C-96E7-2BACEB74CEFA.jpeg
    391 KB · Views: 64
Ordered 8/6
8/11 3-6 week text
8/25 2-4 week text
9/8 SA shared soft match 9/23 although possibility of October delivery

Although I’m excited, typically I wouldn’t be so particular about the timeline, however I’m selling my current car that I use for work and have a buyer who is purchasing 9/12 as they are leaving for a long road trip.

ordered 8-20-20
sched delivery 9-17-20
LRAWD white/white interior model Y
Induction wheels
Tow package
VIN # 46,XXX

We got text confirming order on 8/21
Then nothing else until this morning, telling us was on the way and to schedule delivery by day’s end.

picking up in KC 9/17 at 10am

So I contacted my local service center to see if they could tell me my SA as suggested by filotej. They didn't even know what an SA was and seemed very confused. I guess I'll just continue waiting and assume I'm going to have to reapply for financing or pay in cash due to it expiring. Unfortunate, but no the end of the world. What does SA even stand for Service Advisor? Is it weird I never got one? Is it weird the service center haven't heard of the term before? lol

Not the service center. I meant the Tesla stores, where they have the cars on display with the Tesla (sales) Advisors. Mine is located inside a mall.

Not the service center. I meant the Tesla stores, where they have the cars on display with the Tesla (sales) Advisors. Mine is located inside a mall.
Hmm, sorry very new to this. I think the ones in Jersey are both stores and service centers? They had some on display. I may be very wrong though. If it has the Store logo, does that mean that would work like the following? Lawrence Township-Princeton | Tesla

Edit: Actually it may be a “gallery” I’m looking for like the following Short Hills-Short Hills Mall | Tesla.

Will give them a try. Thanks so much again!

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
I have worked with who ever answers the phone at my service/sales center. If I have someone assigned to my account, it's news to me! I did get a few emails from a specific Operations Manager with my first model Y was up for delivery, but I don't rely on one person. It sure would be nice to have some consistency, but maybe it's for the best that I annoy as many people as possible :)

I have worked with who ever answers the phone at my service/sales center. If I have someone assigned to my account, it's news to me! I did get a few emails from a specific Operations Manager with my first model Y was up for delivery, but I don't rely on one person. It sure would be nice to have some consistency, but maybe it's for the best that I annoy as many people as possible :)
That makes me feel better Kyle. Was just starting to get afraid my order was lost in some black hole since it seems everyone else got contacted by a SA within a couple days of placing an order. I tried Short Hills and went to message. Guess I'll try one last time before they close and if not, back to the waiting game.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
That makes me feel better Kyle. Was just starting to get afraid my order was lost in some black hole since it seems everyone else got contacted by a SA within a couple days of placing an order. I tried Short Hills and went to message. Guess I'll try one last time before they close and if not, back to the waiting game.

I was never contacted by anyone at the store. I called them and I asked the guy that answered if he’d be my advisor for the order and he emailed me his contact info.

Hmm, sorry very new to this. I think the ones in Jersey are both stores and service centers? They had some on display. I may be very wrong though. If it has the Store logo, does that mean that would work like the following? Lawrence Township-Princeton | Tesla

Edit: Actually it may be a “gallery” I’m looking for like the following Short Hills-Short Hills Mall | Tesla.

Well I'm also new to this. My first Tesla too. As far as I know I was told at the store that he's my contact and will take care of the whole process. I have just been emailing him about any request I needed, change in my orders, I first ordered a M3 then to a MY then changed the interior from black to white. then asked him to change the location where i want to pick up the vehicle etc. He's been very helpful. I don't know, maybe it's how it is done here in Canada?
This was the email I got 3 days ago when I asked for my VIN

"Good Afternoon J

I am currently out of office so I do not have access to all of the information I will send you when I return. I will give you a call so we can discuss your delivery appointment together.

I am back in office on the 10th and can get you all of the information you will need for insurance and delivery at that point.

With that being said, I am able to access the VIN. Please see VIN below:
  • 5YJYGDEE2LF0427xx
Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the long weekend!

Kindly,

D A

Tesla Advisor, Tesla Sherway Gardens

25 The West Mall, Etobicoke, ON, M9C 1B8"

I was never contacted by anyone at the store. I called them and I asked the guy that answered if he’d be my advisor for the order and he emailed me his contact info.

So crazy. My first SA contacted me via text message. Would return text appropriately as well. Second SA, emailed me when the switched locations. Called me first then emailed me. Answered all my questions, even on weekends and days when they were off.

please don't give them access to your account......please try and be firm that you are allowed to pay with personal check........
[SNIP]

I brought the checkbook and was going to argue for a bit if I liked the car. I had a copy of the website and my MVPA which is similar but not quite the same.

Anyway, got there and the delivery rep asked, I said 'check' and there wasn't any problem. Except for the part where my hand was shaking so much I could barely write it. I actually asked him if it was legible enough. This was the biggest check I've ever written by far. I think my Outback, wife's Camry Hybrid, my Zx convertible all are the highest we've ever paid and all around 30K.

My understanding is that galleries can't sell and they can't talk details like financing. I've been to both Lawrence and Springfield and both sell. And both service. Lawrence has a pretty big service area..

Hey! How’d it go besides the check thing spokey? :)

Really easy. Delivery guy was very laid back. Left the papers with me and said come back in when you're ready.

After everything was done, he did some of the normal car stuff. Made some suggestions like setting auto wipers, setting the walk away with tone so I'd get a feeling for how away I was when it self locked. Stuff like that.

The car looked great. Didn't find any paint issues at all. The passenger front (I think) was just a bit off. He took notes but I think both of us know nothing will come of that. The driver side rear door handle is a little sticky. The handle doesn't necessarily come all the way back (sticks up maybe 3/8 inch). The only other thing was passenger side. The plastic low on the rocker panel comes out a little. You can push it in so we're thinking maybe a clip is missing/off. The only thing I found after leaving was that what I thought was a little dirt on one of the handles may be missing some of the black paint or whatever the coloring is. Absolutely nothing that would make me reject it.

I did raise and lower the rear trunk a number of times. Did the frunk twice, but all the talk of dents scares me so I'm staying away from that baby for awhile. I did open it to verify the tow hook.

Other common complaints that I checked were the rear/remote seat releases, upholstery headline damage/dirt, screen for scratches., oh I can't remember.

On the way home;

Ran in to a problem right away. The mirrors were folded and had not unfolded. So I had to stop and find them in the screen to open them.

Steering wheel is straight. Thought I heard a bit of whine at one point; maybe around 45mph but haven't noticed it since. Certainly wasn't any louder than the slight regen noise when your foot is off the pedal.

I'm finding the standard regen easy to get used to. I'm about 30 miles away and used the brake pedal twice.

I had trouble charging, but that was pretty much stupidity. First I didn't realize that on 110, you get flashing yellow and not green when charging. Plugged and unplugged many times before finding that out. Second, the charging light kept going out and given I'm 110V charging I thought it had stopped charging. Later found in the manual that when locked, the light goes out so I unlocked it from the app and voila, the charge light started pulsing again. The one bad design in this is the car and app kept suggesting the the plug wasn't in all the way even thought the screen also seem to indicate that it was slowly charging But the miles are slowly creeping up so I guess it's all working.

• Informative
Reactions: CO_MY