Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can tell you right now they don’t care if you waste a day to take delivery and reject it.

they will just hope you take it.

Yeah, that's just crazy inefficient...let alone the poor customer service.

I just got back from running an errand and drove by a white Y in the parking lot. I immediately noticed the bumper didn't match the rest of the car. I bet there are a ton of people who've taken delivery of the white with the differing colors because they just don't notice it.

It’s just insane that while Tesla invests so much in visual AI to enable self driving and safety features like collision avoidance leveraging it, they don’t apply it to quality control measures like checking for color mismatches before vehicles ever ship out. Heck, it doesn’t even require AI since it could be achieved with basic comparison algorithms with the average of n samples between panels. It remains painfully clear that Tesla doesn’t put priority on the customer experience or satisfaction, the priority is blindly put on tech advancements and optimizing revenue. I’m not saying those priorities aren’t extremely important, it’s just not acceptable to put such an unbelievably low bar on the customer

Reactions: OZKM3
Text or call your SA for photos. All 4 sides. At least you'll have a good idea.

Just got off the phone with my SA. Said he has never heard of the issue with the white paint and that he sold "hundreds", that it was probably just people on the internet and that if there was an issue it would only be "a bad batch" and "maybe a 1 in 100" that MY would have an issues. When I asked if he could take pictures prior to driving up 5 hrs each way, he said no, he couldn't do that, as that wouldn't do anything because of the lighting etc. We went back and forth on it and he said he couldn't do it, sorry, final answer. He then said someone had walked in that he needed to talk too so he had to let me go. He then let me know that I had 3 days once it hit the lot to come get it, and if not the car would be not be mine.

Not exactly what I was expecting or hoping to hear....

Reactions: CO_MY
Just got off the phone with my SA. Said he has never heard of the issue with the white paint and that he sold "hundreds", that it was probably just people on the internet and that if there was an issue it would only be "a bad batch" and "maybe a 1 in 100" that MY would have an issues. When I asked if he could take pictures prior to driving up 5 hrs each way, he said no, he couldn't do that, as that wouldn't do anything because of the lighting etc. We went back and forth on it and he said he couldn't do it, sorry, final answer. He then said someone had walked in that he needed to talk too so he had to let me go. He then let me know that I had 3 days once it hit the lot to come get it, and if not the car would be not be mine.

Ah yes... he is using the strategy detailed in page 1 of a book called "How to provide extremely poor customer service". Bravo, SA, bravo!

1). Deny the Problem
2). Don't assist in any way
3). Outline a threat
4). Exit the situation (make an excuse)

That’s bad... None of that wishy washy well I can see where they are coming from, or give them a break maybe they were just having a bad day type things. It was just flat out unacceptable to me. Sorry to hear about it. Maybe I should be happy I don’t seem to have an SA. I would seriously just consider cancelling if I had that experience.

WOW. That is an absolutely egregious claim by that SA. There's absolutely no way whatsoever they have sold 'hundreds'. I'd report that to the BBB and even share that over to the Tesla location manager. If I was in your situation I would have pulled a Karen and demanded to talk to a manager because either their location is blatantly lying to customers or that specific employee needs to be fired immediately. It should not be tolerated.

Very sad to hear this. I think they aren’t supposed to take pictures but I can’t see how they can deny the paint issues. Guy is either lying or sleeping under a rock. Also, he can’t say he hasn’t heard of them now because you just told him.

Hopefully yours is perfect.

Anybody know if it's normal to see this? Has been that way since I placed the order 8/13.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 5.37.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 5.37.39 PM.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
I think mine showed that until the day the MVPA showed up

My MVPA showed up yesterday but my estimated delivery date is still blank. Hopefully, I’ll get the schedule delivery notification this week.

I’m guessing I got the VIN assigned when my vehicle was made but it hasn’t shipped so they don’t know when it’ll arrive in Boston. Hence no delivery date.

Reactions: CO_MY
White/Black, LR AWD, 19" wheels.
Order date - 8/17
Email from Tesla Advisor - 8/22
Tesla update 2-4 weeks text- 9/2
MVPA/VIN 044XXX- 9/8
Picking up in Paramus, NJ.

How long until we are contacted for delivery?? We are doing a road trip from 9/20-25 so hoping we will get it before...
Ordered on 8/22 to Paramus and I haven’t received anything but my email saying I put down my deposit?????