Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 8/6
8/11 3-6 week text
8/25 2-4 week text
9/8 SA shared soft match 9/23 although possibility of October delivery

Although I’m excited, typically I wouldn’t be so particular about the timeline, however I’m selling my current car that I use for work and have a buyer who is purchasing 9/12 as they are leaving for a long road trip.

I’m also in Seattle and ordered 8/30. Based on what I’m seeing for movement on orders for the PNW, I’m pretty sure most of us are going to get a message 1-2 weeks from now telling us our orders will arrive in December. It really sucks that Tesla is so absolutely terrible with logistics.

• Disagree
Reactions: CO_MY and Holgerson
Earlier I took Delivery of my Model Y White on White LR AWD w/20’s.
I must say it was quite easy delivery process and the Delivery Advisor was very helpful along the way.
I did find a few minor things but I made sure that the Delivery Advisor notated for the service appointment.
The paint was flawless. No overspray or unpainted areas. Minor adjustments are needed to the doors where they are not aligned. No panel gaps at all, everything was even. The coat hanger on right rear inside passenger would not close assumption it just the spring inside. Lastly, the left light assemblies were not flush as the opposite side was.
I did notice that the Air conditioner was blowing warm air when at 74 but when I turned it down to 72 it was cooling again. Outside temp was about 78-80 degrees, weird but I’ll keep my eye on it and I’ll let them know about that. The A/C compressor was loud but it was faint. Assuming it has the additional dampening around it. Overall I am very happy with this purchase and did accept delivery. FYI She’s quick on her feet.

View attachment 585697
View attachment 585695
View attachment 585696

can you take pics of your rear bumber? I’m picking up mine next week. Curious in the color match for the bumper.

White/Black, LR AWD, 19" wheels.
Order date - 8/17
Email from Tesla Advisor - 8/22
Tesla update 2-4 weeks text- 9/2
MVPA/VIN 044XXX- 9/8
Picking up in Paramus, NJ.

How long until we are contacted for delivery?? We are doing a road trip from 9/20-25 so hoping we will get it before...

White/Black, LR AWD, 19" wheels.
Order date - 8/17
Email from Tesla Advisor - 8/22
Tesla update 2-4 weeks text- 9/2
MVPA/VIN 044XXX- 9/8
Picking up in Paramus, NJ.

How long until we are contacted for delivery?? We are doing a road trip from 9/20-25 so hoping we will get it before...

Yea, almost have the same here. Talked to my delivery advisor and car should be at Delivery Center today. Any idea about how long it’ll sit there before it’s ready for pickup? Still no “official” delivery date

Drove 3 hours just to see this. Pathetic. Rejected delivery.

Attachments

• 8267A2D7-8750-47C1-994D-2B4B7887B2BF.jpeg
    8267A2D7-8750-47C1-994D-2B4B7887B2BF.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: CO_MY
What is the chance Tesla has a stock of painted doors and as the frame goes by assembly line they just pick a door. That door could have been painted weeks ago by different machine, different location which is why various door coloring issues?

Really easy. Delivery guy was very laid back. Left the papers with me and said come back in when you're ready.

After everything was done, he did some of the normal car stuff. Made some suggestions like setting auto wipers, setting the walk away with tone so I'd get a feeling for how away I was when it self locked. Stuff like that.

The car looked great. Didn't find any paint issues at all. The passenger front (I think) was just a bit off. He took notes but I think both of us know nothing will come of that. The driver side rear door handle is a little sticky. The handle doesn't necessarily come all the way back (sticks up maybe 3/8 inch). The only other thing was passenger side. The plastic low on the rocker panel comes out a little. You can push it in so we're thinking maybe a clip is missing/off. The only thing I found after leaving was that what I thought was a little dirt on one of the handles may be missing some of the black paint or whatever the coloring is. Absolutely nothing that would make me reject it.

I did raise and lower the rear trunk a number of times. Did the frunk twice, but all the talk of dents scares me so I'm staying away from that baby for awhile. I did open it to verify the tow hook.

Other common complaints that I checked were the rear/remote seat releases, upholstery headline damage/dirt, screen for scratches., oh I can't remember.

On the way home;

Ran in to a problem right away. The mirrors were folded and had not unfolded. So I had to stop and find them in the screen to open them.

Steering wheel is straight. Thought I heard a bit of whine at one point; maybe around 45mph but haven't noticed it since. Certainly wasn't any louder than the slight regen noise when your foot is off the pedal.

I'm finding the standard regen easy to get used to. I'm about 30 miles away and used the brake pedal twice.

I had trouble charging, but that was pretty much stupidity. First I didn't realize that on 110, you get flashing yellow and not green when charging. Plugged and unplugged many times before finding that out. Second, the charging light kept going out and given I'm 110V charging I thought it had stopped charging. Later found in the manual that when locked, the light goes out so I unlocked it from the app and voila, the charge light started pulsing again. The one bad design in this is the car and app kept suggesting the the plug wasn't in all the way even thought the screen also seem to indicate that it was slowly charging But the miles are slowly creeping up so I guess it's all working.
Thanks

thinking about making a 5 hr drive (on way) to go pick up my White MY LR and this has me concerned!
Text or call your SA for photos. All 4 sides. At least you'll have a good idea.