TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Austin

Discussion in 'Texas' started by dsm363, Mar 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. texex91

texex91 Banned

Let's find somewhere that cars could be parked in front.

Should make a run to Hill Country somewhere...Marble Falls?

2. austinEV

austinEV Supporting Member

Woo hoo, have my new pricey car :)

If any friends of Tesla need a test drive to help buy/sell a car, PM me, always glad to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if this has been covered before, but where is a good place to get a full paint wrap? I am thinking expel ultimate based on comments on other threads.

3. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Congratulations!
    Is the NEW house ready for your NEW car?
    It would be great to see a pic of both, maybe the car in the drive?

**(If you currently have both: Which do you love more?)
    ....Such a problem for King Solomon to render judgement.

4. austinEV

Unfortunately the house and garage look pretty messy right now. Here are my best. e7ave9u2.jpg yqatu8u9.jpg uduse7e6.jpg

5. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

Congrats, looks awesome.

6. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

BOTH look GREAT!!!
    Any thought if you might consider adding PV panels to your roof to charge your car (and maybe the rest of the house)?

7. austinEV

Yeah, I will add probably 10kW to the top part of the roof once a few things settle down.

8. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

Wow neat house!

9. Wenche

Wenche Member

Congratulations with Your new home and Tesla Model S! Very Nice :smile:

10. csummers

csummers TXTriguy

I am also going to post this in a new thread but I am organizing military vets that have Teslas for the Austin Veterans Day Parade. If you are or know one not on the forum let me know.
    USAF Honourable Discharge "E-FRDM" Roadster #302 my tesla11.JPG

11. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

#91 AEdennis, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    As we were driving our rental Prius because there were no EVs at the Austin airport, I commented not the fact that there seemed to be a good number of EV charging stations near us on Plugshare, but was disappointed that I haven't spotted any EVs.

So, as we drove toward the wedding we were in town to attend on Saturday (around 1245pm) my wife and I spotted the following Grey P85+ as it turned to 360N, then to 2222, then on North Ranch Road 620...

First, NICE car!

Second, why did you turn into the Gas Station on 620? It amused me and was wondering what you could possibly want from the Gas Station.

Lastly, to the nice new Red (not Signature) that was going the other way, that made a total of TWO privately owned EVs that I spotted in your fair city this weekend...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382851005.178491.jpg

Glad to see Model S in Texas, I hope you guys are helping to "Keep Austin Weird!"

You both gave me the EV grin and appreciate the hassle you guys had to have gone through to get your Teslas.

Your fellow Tesla rEVolutionary,

12. texex91

texex91 Banned

Went DT Austin this week (normally avoid DT because of traffic) for meetings, and I was shocked how many Model S I saw. At least 5 per day. I'm starting to see a bunch of them around Arboretum area as I'm on 183. I see at least one a day now around Austin.

13. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Yup. I was surprised as well. I was staying at the Omni on Governor's Row (71-I35) and the wedding was at N FM 620 (Google Map North Ranch Road 620). Not being familiar with the area, I had the GPS on, but like most rEVolutionaries, I have a keen eye out for other EVs. I spotted a Car2Go Smart EDs the one night I was in the downtown area (less than 30 minutes driving, indoors most of the time), but that was it. The ending score for my approx. 48 hours in Austin was 2 Model S, Car2Go, and zero others.

As for Southern California, I'm surprised as well. We have the usual suspects and all the compliance cars here.

14. MrIanB

MrIanB Member

Most likely due to store at Domain ans service center on Burnet rd near 183.

Ian B

15. austinEV

I see a Model S just about every day now. I was surprised by a grey one as I got on Mopac and he was in the lane behind me exiting; so I had my first traffic interaction :) Also had my first random parking lot buddy:

car_twin.JPG

16. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

Hey y'all,

I am staying at the Hampton Inn In Bastrop (S Hasler). Anyone know of nearby charging?

17. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines has J1772
    KOA park on Hwy 71 in Bastrop has 14-50 outlets
    Holiday Inn Express near Austin-Bergstrom Airport has J1772

You do know about Plugshare, don't you?

18. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

Also near the airport: 7620 Metro Center Dr, Austin, TX 78744 has some ChargePoints which I plan to use in a couple of weeks. Those are in the open as opposed to in a parking (pay) garage.

19. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

Have actually charged there. Right up front in the circle on the right hand side. Two slots, I believe. Very Very convenient

Used it for F1 last year ... only pad she wanted me to use kept tripping so I abandoned it and went to San Marcos.

Yes

20. Tezla-RSX3

Tezla-RSX3 Member

Hey everyone, just checking in, I'll snap a pic of ya'll if I see ya on the road!