Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am heading to Bastrop for a conference and want to stay downtown for the night. It looks like there are several charging stations in the area, so I should not have too much a problem. I have Blink and Chargepoint cards, but does anyone have any suggestions as to:

- hotels with charging capabilities
- which chargers to seek/avoid
- any other pearls

Thanks in advance.
WJ

PS - may stay at the Omni or the Hampton Inn, but most likely the Driskill.

The Westin Hotel is in the Domain and not far from the HPWCs in the parking structure.

Is there a kind Model S owner in Austin with a non-performance who wouldn't mind giving me a quick test drive? I have driven a P85, but think that a non-P is all I really need, but would like to be sure. Send me a PM, thanks in advance!

Just reserved a P85, pearl white :) Sept delivery.

Good for you.
The one thing that kept MY experience from being stellar was NOT having the NEMA 14-50 outlet installed before the car was delivered.
If you can get that bit of housekeeping completed before your P85 arrives, you will have nothing but great drives and sweet dreams.
Congratulations will be in order AFTER you take delivery.

Sounds like you have a lot of exciting projects and changes occurring concurrently.

So, like an expectant father:
Which ONE will be completed/arrive first?

The House: all ready for the new MS?
or
The Car: will fit into the existing house's garage, but anxious about the upcoming move and the new neighborhood and address?

Sounds like you have a lot of exciting projects and changes occurring concurrently.

So, like an expectant father:
Which ONE will be completed/arrive first?

The House: all ready for the new MS?
or
The Car: will fit into the existing house's garage, but anxious about the upcoming move and the new neighborhood and address?

I sat down with the architect, showed him a picture of the Model S and said "Design a house around this."

Not really, but I may need to practice saying it convincingly. It is a very modern house in a small development with about 1/3 modern houses. Quite a lot of solar and rainwater collection built in. The house must come first because I don't want to explain a 70k car loan to the same loan people who officially freak out when I earn $0.10 from Kinder Morgan in an IRA (it generates a K1 tax form if you are curious). The car will fit into the neighborhood perfectly.

So the house will close at the end of the month, the car comes mid Sept. The garage will be ready and cool. I will be sure to post lots of pics :)

I sat down with the architect, showed him a picture of the Model S and said "Design a house around this."

Not really, but I may need to practice saying it convincingly. It is a very modern house in a small development with about 1/3 modern houses. Quite a lot of solar and rainwater collection built in.

So the house will close at the end of the month, the car comes mid Sept. The garage will be ready and cool. I will be sure to post lots of pics :)

Hope your NEW House turns out to be deserving of your NEW Model S, pretty tall order.
Very cool to be that cutting-edge, and to have so many new toys!
Really happy for you, would like to see the photos of BOTH.

Now, with a straight face, go and rehearse your line: "Design a house around this".
lol:wink:

I'm considering buying a Roadster. I've never actually driven or taken a ride in one though. I've driven an Elise and a model S P85, so I'm guessing it's something like the intersection of those two cars.

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with Uchi, also close in are La Condesa, Clarks, La Traviata, Lamberts, Wink if you want locally owned. Little further out on S. Congress Sway, Perlas, Vespaio and others. Uchiko's primary investor drives an MS, they definitely get parked up front.

Thanks all - I think I will choose Uchi - we both (me and Di) are always up for good sushi so that seems like an appropriate choice.

As an aside, my brother in law just called (Houston) and said his group had a bail for COTA this November and (since he knows I am Tifosi) wanted to extend the extra ticket to the race. So, despite my hesitance and desire not to place any more nickels in Bernie's pocket, I am going to go to another F1 race this year. It happened with my Sabres season tickets after the strike, and it's happening to F1 after tyregate - I am eating my words and pumping money into the machine. Again.

<sigh>