Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australia Existing/Used Inventory Monitor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I've recently written an Existing/Used inventory monitor, it pings when new ones pop up which I've also used to get a VIN straight away for a friend.

Ordering from here instead of the normal pre order channel gives you a VIN straight away, which means either the car is on the way to Australia or already at Australia. This puts you anywhere up to 3 months ahead of if you pre ordered depending on the model.

The monitor is all ran on discord

Here's link to the discord

There's usually daily releases for each state, including base model Y RWD.

Thank you very much for this and appreciate your efforts.

I have already ordered one from tesla website...if there is one pop up in here... What is the procedure to exchange the orders? Do I needs a cancel the previous one and order the new one?

Much appreciated if I can have some help here.

Thank you

What is the procedure to exchange the orders? Do I needs a cancel the previous one and order the new one?
If you don't already have a car assigned to your existing order, then you can change your config to match the inventory one you're after and the car should be assigned to you.

Otherwise you'll need to get in touch with Tesla, or order the inventory one and cancel the old one (and forfeit your deposit)

If you don't already have a car assigned to your existing order, then you can change your config to match the inventory one you're after and the car should be assigned to you.

Otherwise you'll need to get in touch with Tesla, or order the inventory one and cancel the old one (and forfeit your deposit)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's a chance someone orders the inventory one before you're assigned or someone else assigns ahead of you.

Thank you very much for this and appreciate your efforts.

I have already ordered one from tesla website...if there is one pop up in here... What is the procedure to exchange the orders? Do I needs a cancel the previous one and order the new one?

Much appreciated if I can have some help here.

Thank you
Best choice is to probably order from existing, then tell your sales rep and if you're lucky they might refund your deposit.

Hey thx for the information.

I have not got a car assigned yet. Order placed on the 1/5

If there is a RWD White + white 19 inch pop up, I don't mind forfeit the deposit just to avoid the painful waiting period.

Hey thx for the information.

I have not got a car assigned yet. Order placed on the 1/5

If there is a RWD White + white 19 inch pop up, I don't mind forfeit the deposit just to avoid the painful waiting period.
Your configuration showed up on existing inventory on 22/05 at 11am for SA, so I suspect sometimes they don't auto-allocate to the next person but just throw it onto existing inventory.

Hi Guys, I am scheduled to pick up my MYP tomorrow in Melbourne. I ordered from the inventory and apparently the car has already been registered. I saw today that they have reduced the priced on Model Y inventory further. I called them up to check if they will honor the reduced price since I havent taken delivery but they flatly refused saying that they dont do this for inventory cars.

I asked them what if I cancel my order or refuse delivery and they said if i cancel then I will loose the registration cost (stamp duty + luxury car tax + others) which amount is around $7k. What are my options here? Thanks!

they said if i cancel then I will loose the registration cost
Correct - the car is already registered. You can't reverse it back to a pre-rego state.
The rego has been paid. The LCT paid and cannot be refunded. The Stamp duty paid and also cannot be refunded
Tesla could take it back. However, effectively Tesla is buying the vehicle back from you. They owe you nothing. There is a lot of inventory MYP and so Tesla will not want to do you a deal to put the car back on the inventory list.

Your options are:
Take the car
Dont take the car and lose the $7k

However, note that the Inventory prices are not the drive away price. You need to click the "Buy Now" to get the drive away price.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I am scheduled to pick up my MYP tomorrow in Melbourne. I ordered from the inventory and apparently the car has already been registered. I saw today that they have reduced the priced on Model Y inventory further. I called them up to check if they will honor the reduced price since I havent taken delivery but they flatly refused saying that they dont do this for inventory cars.

I asked them what if I cancel my order or refuse delivery and they said if i cancel then I will loose the registration cost (stamp duty + luxury car tax + others) which amount is around $7k. What are my options here? Thanks!
Did they end up honoring the reduced price?