Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Australia] Model Y - April/May Orders (May-Jun Delivery) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MY-RWD-White with black interior 08/04 (Brisbane) and is still showing Est. Delivery Apr-Jun 2023. I need delivery by 30 June for this to be viable for tax purposes so this is going down to the wire. My confidence in the estimate has dropped significantly now that we are in May and it is still telling me that it could arrive in April (unless I missed an announcement about a time-travel pack?).

If I can't take delivery before the 30 June I'll have to let it go. If anyone knows of a way to get one sooner I'm all ears - happy to pay a small premium to guarantee delivery in time. I've looked at some of the guys on Facebook market place trying to sell their orders but they seem pretty shady. I'd happily pay a thousand bucks to swap orders if anyone is interested, mine should still arrive May-June, I just don't want to take the risk that it doesn't. I'll check with Tesla if they'd sanction that - they understandably frown on people trying to sell speculative orders for a quick buck, but a legit swap shouldn't have any negative side effects on the supply chain.
Do you have access to you Tesla account? If you go to your dashboard and "manage" you will see your order and updated delivery date. I ordered mine 3 March in Sydney and received a VIN 13 March - the delivery date has been updated 3 times in the past month on my 3-RWD (started with the generic April-May), then specific dates, the last update was yesterday pushing out delivery another month or so after it was later than the previous estimate (est. 21 May to 11 June now)

Hi,
I just got my invoice for MY RWD, White exterior with black interior with 19" wheels melbourne. My build date was 24/4/23. What ship do you think my car is on, or has it already arrived at Melbourne of Turandot?
Probably not Turandot. You  might have squeezed on before it left Shanghai, but then you would expected your invoice sooner. Can you see your VIN in RAV? If not, it almost certainly wasn't on Turandot. My Queensland order showed up in RAV when Turandot arrived in Melbourne (its first Australian port, Brisbane is next). If not Turandot, then I guess Morning Crystal is your next option.

For those wanting to compare - the latest update on my journey so far:

Event DateEstimated Delivery DateComments
20/02/2023Apr - JunDate order placed
02/05/2023May 26 - Jun 16Temporary glitch. Went back to "Apr - Jun" an hour later
05/05/2023TBDHidden VIN found with Chrome Extension
08/05/2023 (today)May 26 - Jun 16No rego or invoice details. No trade in being requested.
Another update on my journey in Sydney for RWD MSM, Gemini wheels with black interior.

Event DateEstimated Delivery DateComments
20/02/2023Apr - JunDate order placed
02/05/2023May 26 - Jun 16Temporary glitch. Went back to "Apr - Jun" an hour later
05/05/2023TBDHidden VIN found with Chrome Extension
08/05/2023May 26 - Jun 16No rego or invoice details. No trade in being requested.
12/05/2023 (today)May 25 - Jun 15Date moved forward by one day.
Still no rego or invoice details.

Reactions: t3sla-007
A good news story.

OD 28/4, given a EDD of Apr-Jun. (white/black/19"/AP) pickup chatswood (sydney)

Being extremely impatient I started tracking the new and used inventory on the tesla website. I could see RWDs appearing in various configurations but in WA and QLD. These did not last long before being snapped up.

I wrote a small bot to check the tesla site every few minutes and send me a notification. One popped up last week (silver, EAP, new/demo) but that was snaffled very quickly.

This morning (friday may 12) at 1am - 2 MY RWDs (blue/white) popped up. Sold by 8am

At 9am my exact spec popped up. I bought it straight away. Over the next few hours I got lots of texts and emails from Tesla.

Bottom line - I have a delivery date booked for next Thursday May 18 in Alexandria. Tesla even refunded the other deposit and have been generally awesome.

However I couldn't help but feel like I jumped the queue. Even if I was somehow next in line with my original order, why wasn't that car assigned to me?

A good news story.

OD 28/4, given a EDD of Apr-Jun. (white/black/19"/AP) pickup chatswood (sydney)

Being extremely impatient I started tracking the new and used inventory on the tesla website. I could see RWDs appearing in various configurations but in WA and QLD. These did not last long before being snapped up.

I wrote a small bot to check the tesla site every few minutes and send me a notification. One popped up last week (silver, EAP, new/demo) but that was snaffled very quickly.

This morning (friday may 12) at 1am - 2 MY RWDs (blue/white) popped up. Sold by 8am

At 9am my exact spec popped up. I bought it straight away. Over the next few hours I got lots of texts and emails from Tesla.

Bottom line - I have a delivery date booked for next Thursday May 18 in Alexandria. Tesla even refunded the other deposit and have been generally awesome.

However I couldn't help but feel like I jumped the queue. Even if I was somehow next in line with my original order, why wasn't that car assigned to me?
my guess would be these cars were assigned to someone who decided they no longer want the car? Maybe they put it on the website instead of allocating to the next in line?

Out of curiosity, can you share the “bot” that you’ve written? I’m a coder myself, but haven’t tried something like this Before.

model y blue 20 inches wheels
😀
😀
😀
single motor ,order oct 22, picking up 16 May 23 Alexandia nsw build date 3 April 23.declined trade in offer from Tesla ,sold it back mercedes dealship, gain 6k more

Reactions: JonDarian
Good stuff everyone. Just by way of update, (as in signature) I'm coming up to a month now since I put in my order for LR and haven't heard anything yet, and nothing with the VIN finder extension either. Hoping somethings happens by end of the month!

Ordered my Model Y long Range, 2 hours after it became available so I'm interested to see what States get first Allocation.
I'm in Victoria

Model Y Long Range Dual Motor
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior

Order Date: 04/04/23
ODD: May-Jun

Looks like maybe NSW/Sydney? Blonky seems to have an update but I've got the same order as you and I'm in the same boat, nothing yet. I'm really hoping something happens by end of the month.

my guess would be these cars were assigned to someone who decided they no longer want the car? Maybe they put it on the website instead of allocating to the next in line?

Out of curiosity, can you share the “bot” that you’ve written? I’m a coder myself, but haven’t tried something like this Before.
Tesla person thinks it was because I specified Chatswood pickup in my initial order but this car was already in Alexandria. Clearly the autonomous driving engineers are not the ordering system engineers!

I will put the bot code up on github and let you know. Nothing fancy, it just calls the Tesla API every few minutes and then sends a Slack notification if anything has changed. There is a great website called waitingfortesla dot com that does it all but only for US and canada

Tesla person thinks it was because I specified Chatswood pickup in my initial order but this car was already in Alexandria. Clearly the autonomous driving engineers are not the ordering system engineers!

I will put the bot code up on github and let you know. Nothing fancy, it just calls the Tesla API every few minutes and then sends a Slack notification if anything has changed. There is a great website called waitingfortesla dot com that does it all but only for US and canada
Good stuff mate - rewarded for being clever. I didnt know they had an API available to check for inventory cars, if you wouldn’t mind popping that up on GitHub that would be amazing.