Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Australia] Model Y - April/May Orders (May-Jun Delivery) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In qld, ordered mid April, white Y LR, received update of 19 to 30th june. I hedged bets and also ordered a 3 that was in stock in ACT, saying 6th to 27th for that one... I'm not confident in the Y getting here by 30th...
So... got a call from Tesla yesterday regarding the 3LR I ordered from ACT. Asked me if I had any questions. I said, yea, when can I pick it up. He said it's due into port soon....
Turns out the cars that that show up as available online, aren't in stock. Must be cancelled orders.
But still more likely to see this one than the Y I have ordered in Qld. The Y still isn't listed on RAV...
Tesla won't say what ship either of them are on

• Informative
Reactions: JonDarian
Ooooooo I have an updated EDD too.

Estimated Delivery: June 26 - July 17.

I'm so grateful for this EDD! Means I can get it in the new FY with the new luxury car tax amount :)
It might even be worth letting them know that, so they can prioritise other people's cars before EOFY (although, from another thread, the SA's apparently have little control over the order of deliveries coming off the boat).

It might even be worth letting them know that, so they can prioritise other people's cars before EOFY (although, from another thread, the SA's apparently have little control over the order of deliveries coming off the boat).
I would be happy to but as you said, based on my many previous experiences with them and what others have said, they tend to have very little control and don't want to 'mess' with the "system" (so broken..) too much and just let the pieces land the way they land. I have no doubt there's an edge case here and there but it would be hard to convince me its more often than that, rare..

Reactions: JonDarian