Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Australia] Model Y - April/May Orders (May-Jun Delivery) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, new member here.
MYLR | White | 20’ Induction Wheels | Black Interior | Melbourne
OD: 06/04
Vin Assigned: 12/06
Final Invoice: 19/06
Rego docs: 20/06
Fully Paid: 03/07
EDD: July 14 - July 29 (Was initially May - June, quite a bit delayed)
Haven’t been told to book the express delivery appointment yet.

Two months of VIN to be assigned?
Yeah.. I'll be waiting awhile then.
Just ordered mine earlier this week.

I just got a text saying my vehicle has arrived in Australia. When can I expect the final invoice to be issued and delivery?
I got the same text, but I got the final invoice last month 😅
Hi, new member here.
MYLR | White | 20’ Induction Wheels | Black Interior | Melbourne
OD: 06/04
Vin Assigned: 12/06
Final Invoice: 19/06
Rego docs: 20/06
Fully Paid: 03/07
EDD: July 14 - July 29 (Was initially May - June, quite a bit delayed)
Haven’t been told to book the express delivery appointment yet.
Update: I just got a text to book my delivery appointment.

• Love
Reactions: mukaibot
Hi all!
I am excited to join the Tesla club! Ordered my MYRWD on 21/04.

MYLR | White | 19’ Wheels | Black Interior | Sydney
OD: 21/04
Vin Assigned: 22/05
Final Invoice: 23/05 (was updated just recently to reflect the price drop - so stoked!)
Rego docs: 23/05
Fully Paid: 13/07

I currently have an estimated date range of 16 July - 06 August showing in the app.

Just wanted to share that I have checked website MOLACE RoRo and used their tracker tool and input my VIN. Amazingly, it is showing that my vehicle is on the Sunrise Ace which is currently just of Port of Adelaide and will then be on its way to Port Kembla. I understand that this may not work for all vehicles, however if you are awaiting delivery and curious, it might be worth a look!

Hi all!
I am excited to join the Tesla club! Ordered my MYRWD on 21/04.

MYLR | White | 19’ Wheels | Black Interior | Sydney
OD: 21/04
Vin Assigned: 22/05
Final Invoice: 23/05 (was updated just recently to reflect the price drop - so stoked!)
Rego docs: 23/05
Fully Paid: 13/07

I currently have an estimated date range of 16 July - 06 August showing in the app.

Just wanted to share that I have checked website MOLACE RoRo and used their tracker tool and input my VIN. Amazingly, it is showing that my vehicle is on the Sunrise Ace which is currently just of Port of Adelaide and will then be on its way to Port Kembla. I understand that this may not work for all vehicles, however if you are awaiting delivery and curious, it might be worth a look!
Congrats! That's a pretty quick VIN assignment

Did you order the RWD or LR, you've mentioned both?

Also, look into the Vedaprime service for more detailed tracking as you can't always trust those dates; massive delays at PK meant the boat mine was on was held up for weeks. Then on docking another month before I could pickup

Congrats! That's a pretty quick VIN assignment

Did you order the RWD or LR, you've mentioned both?

Also, look into the Vedaprime service for more detailed tracking as you can't always trust those dates; massive delays at PK meant the boat mine was on was held up for weeks. Then on docking another month before I could pickup
Sorry - it should read RWD.

Yes I did think of Veda Prime however when I found out what ship my vehicle was on, I can see where it is on the marine traffic website. Before I found the MOLACE handling tracker, I was only guessing what vessel my car was on - I had incorrectly assumed Turandot!

Still doesn't take away from the fact that it might sit offshore due to congestion as you've mentioned :/ I was surprised too at how quickly I was assigned a VIN, however I think I was just lucky from a timing perspective as I have read that vehicles are built in batches - think I just slipped into the last batch as orders placed even just a few weeks later were waiting much longer for VINs and delivery estimates were way out.

I have read that vehicles are built in batches - think I just slipped into the last batch
It's not so much that they slipped your order into the last batch, more that they build a batch of cars and then look for outstanding orders to match, and there happened to be nobody else waiting for your specific configuration in NSW/ACT.

It's a weird system but it optimises their factory efficiency and sometimes it works out for you.

It's not so much that they slipped your order into the last batch, more that they build a batch of cars and then look for outstanding orders to match, and there happened to be nobody else waiting for your specific configuration in NSW/ACT.

It's a weird system but it optimises their factory efficiency and sometimes it works out for you.
Oh thanks for clarifying - super interesting! Whatever it was, it worked out so I cannot complain :)

I don’t believe it is an inventory one. It is still not showing up on RAV search.

Not inventory but somewhere between Shanghai and Aus if there’s no RAV entry. Probably just luck there was a spec available that matched your order

Though inventory can mean it’s still on a boat somewhere too, a few members who bought from “inventory” waited months for it to arrive