Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the new phone holder on order now, they will come soon:

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 9.58.13 pm.png

I was way too keen, started accessory shopping in Nov.

The first batch got here 3 weeks ago, then I heard the screen is different in dimension than the 2023 model so my screen protector is unlikely to fit.
The Highland changed the center console and the trunk floor so my organisers& trunk cover probably won't fit either...

oh well,,, should've waited for 2 weeks😅

• Funny
Reactions: DougalVizsla
One thing I have missed and I love having back is this desire I have now to not take the quick way home. I find myself going the wrong way lots, driving 10km the wrong direction just so I can turn around and come back. A mixture of just loving being in the car, a little bit of just wanting to show it off (haha, I’m just a big kid after all) and enjoying trying everything out. God it is so nice being in a nice car ain’t it?

I still do this 12 months on 😁. An extra 20-30 mins in the car just cruising around is great fun!

Have you (or others) used the MotorOne paint protection package before?
MotorOne seem to have some highly mixed reviews, and looks like they outsource their paint protection and tinting.

I'm tossing up whether to use them as part of the NL or sort out my own, albeit post tax.

Have you (or others) used the MotorOne paint protection package before?
MotorOne seem to have some highly mixed reviews, and looks like they outsource their paint protection and tinting.

I'm tossing up whether to use them as part of the NL or sort out my own, albeit post tax.

I’m using them, but not booked in until the 10th Jan. From what I heard they do a decent job. Dunno.

Reactions: DougalVizsla
FYI,

Been trying to engage autopilot for the last couple of days and couldn’t for the life of me figure out why nothing was happening when I pressed the “button” on the steering wheel.

Turns out it is not a button, just a picture. I should be pressing the scroll wheel next to it.

I doubt anyone else has had this problem, but just in case anyone is as dumb as me…

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
FYI,

Been trying to engage autopilot for the last couple of days and couldn’t for the life of me figure out why nothing was happening when I pressed the “button” on the steering wheel.

Turns out it is not a button, just a picture. I should be pressing the scroll wheel next to it.

I doubt anyone else has had this problem, but just in case anyone is as dumb as me…
how many KMs and Hours have you been driving? Maybe it needs time to figure out your driving style before AP can be turned on?

Hey dude, what is that link? Nothing happens when I click on it and when I copy and past the url it asks me to download an app.

Worried now have downloaded something dodgy to my phone.
Aha, that is a Taobao link, basically the domestic version of AliExpress. I hate it that it didn’t show the content.

Don’t stress about downloading it. Just wait for AliExpress to show this new holder😅

Attachments

• IMG_9516.jpeg
    IMG_9516.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9517.png
    IMG_9517.png
    889.1 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Murphster
Where did you get your covers if you don't mind me asking?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...der_detail.order_detail_item.4.26e0f19chhTH3b

From Ali Express...

However, I appear to have potentially ballsed up, as the accessories I ordered were under a 2024 highland search, and all say Highland in the description, except this one! So I likely went off piste a little with this.

So likely they do not fit. Haha.

Although, they look like they might, the nuts and holes all seem to be the same as my wheels. So they could do.

My delivery has already been shipped, so I will know soon enough, will come back with feedback and pics if they do work.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...der_detail.order_detail_item.4.26e0f19chhTH3b

From Ali Express...

However, I appear to have potentially ballsed up, as the accessories I ordered were under a 2024 highland search, and all say Highland in the description, except this one! So I likely went off piste a little with this.

So likely they do not fit. Haha.

Although, they look like they might, the nuts and holes all seem to be the same as my wheels. So they could do.

My delivery has already been shipped, so I will know soon enough, will come back with feedback and pics if they do work.
Brilliant thanks heaps! I think these are the best looking stock wheels Tesla has ever made

Reactions: Mes1 and Murphster
I did manage to indicate off my local roundabout twice on my little trip today. Still had to glance at the wheel, but only a glance. Reckon it will quickly become a non big deal.

Got the car into the garage and opened the boot for my shopping. Couple of drips rolling down the back window into the boot. So the new design hasn’t completely fixed that issue. There is a channel there but a tiny gap between the glass roof and the boot that should be a drainage channel yet water still appears to be able to cross. Again, maybe something to keep an eye on as it might not be much of an issue and this was just one time.
I drive a ZB Calais which has the sports liftback type boot. When the rear glass or boot is wet i often get drips coming down, some land in thd chanel, some go in the boot. Ive just used it it, or if i have waxed it i give it an extra second while going up to drain off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murphster