Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow thanks Ill give it a test, didn't know it was this easy. Must be hidden as I looked everywhere around the browser window and couldn't see that ><, so perhaps a tap in the corner will bring it up

BRB will test!

I’m also finding that not being able to go full screen in the browser is not an easy fix.
One solution was to open the YouTube app, sign in to your Google account, click on the blue “manage my account” link.
From there you can access the 9 dot menu at the top right of the page, all the Google apps are in there, including the search engine.
I have Amazon prime and found it pretty annoying that I couldn’t watch full screen on my gorgeous big display!

Just enjoy it. I used ABRP to plan initially but it gave me the exact same stops the Tesla did so I used that and didn't bother with ABRP on the way back.

I haven't bothered to get any cards, I did try out a BP charge on the way back last time, was a pretty crap experience. I'll probably stick with the SC happy to pay a little extra for a better experience. Will see how we go. If I find a decent charger that has good food etc I might try it for a lunch or dinner stop.

Heatherbrae charger doesn't have any good options right near it and I normally hit that area at lunch so I'll have a look and see what else there is. Not keen on trying a so l stop with only 2 chargers though when one is out half the time.
Cool 🙏

Ill make the Tesla SC my primary choice, if they are busy try one of the others.
It looks like i can make it really easily just using SC but ill add an extra stop in here and there if needed.

Reactions: Jules22
I’m also finding that not being able to go full screen in the browser is not an easy fix.
One solution was to open the YouTube app, sign in to your Google account, click on the blue “manage my account” link.
From there you can access the 9 dot menu at the top right of the page, all the Google apps are in there, including the search engine.
I have Amazon prime and found it pretty annoying that I couldn’t watch full screen on my gorgeous big display!
Yep exactly, as i just tested there is no >< to go full screen on browser, doesn't work.

Whose going to go thru all that hassle each time to go full screen major pain!

Full screen only works on the inbuilt apps like YouTube etc which sucks

Observation:

People that sit in their ice cars adjacent to outdoor dining with their engines and aircond on are annoying.
Yes, that's something that has always annoyed me, even when I was driving ICE, especially when it's backed in right next to the tables and just sitting idling for 10 minutes or so while someone waits for an order or something.

Yes, that's something that has always annoyed me, even when I was driving ICE, especially when it's backed in right next to the tables and just sitting idling for 10 minutes or so while someone waits for an order or something.

I take my kids gymnastics every weekend, and sit in the car and wait for 45mins, and in the old ICE on 30-40deg days used to hate it, windows down hot air dripping sweat.

Now time flies its a breeze in the Model 3, entertainment, A/C on ultimate relaxation

I used the SC in Bendigo last night, quick 10 min charge gave me more than enough to get home.
Of course the was a Commodore parked in one of the spots while they were getting food at GyG... just ignored all the empty spots out the front of the shop and parked at the SC for some reason.. Was not an issue as I was the only EV there.

Was a nice easy drive there and back, Autopilot worked quite well and gave me zero nags, well, it did when I let go of the wheel to see how long it would be until it yelled at me.

It had a freak out moment on the Tulla when it thought a van was going to merge into me, and also had a phantom brake on the Calder, may have been under a bridge, can't recall.

Absolute gem of a car, so smooth, quiet and comfortable. Such an easy trip to Bendigo and back.

Was getting an error on the way back with the cameras, left pillar / multiple cameras blocked and may need a clean. Didn't seem to affect AP
A mate that has a Y said it happens with his also in very dark areas, more likely due to lack of light the camera thinks its blocked. No issues driving it today in the bright sunlight.

Also found the auto high beam is a little slow to react to oncoming vehicles, and also when approaching cars going the same direction. Maybe the adaptive headlight update may improve this when its available to me.

Love the car, no regerts.

Was waiting for the boy to finish school, so thought I'd fire up Netflix, watched some Seinfeld while I was waiting.. how good is this thing
Also, three of his mates jumped in the back so had to do the obligatory fart, kinda funny.
They all thought it was more like a rollercoaster than a car, ,my son can't wait to drive it with the L plates on.. although I think I may set it to chill mode

Reactions: MacTessy and dronus
What do you do before a long trip?

Wash the car of course.

It was hard to keep it wet as the water just beaded and fell off
IMG_9099.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool 🙏

Ill make the Tesla SC my primary choice, if they are busy try one of the others.
It looks like i can make it really easily just using SC but ill add an extra stop in here and there if needed.
Just put my destination in for tomorrow, looks like it rerouted me via shapparton anyway

So

Keith 4/4 stalls available
Horsham 2/3 stalls available (1 broken)
Shepparton 6/6 stalls available
Destination (evie so not on map)

Im a little worried about the horsham - shepparton leg even tho it says i should be at 20%, can always duck down to bendigo maybe.

Can anyone recommend an alternate in Horsham if the sc is busy?

747km

Just put my destination in for tomorrow, looks like it rerouted me via shapparton anyway

So

Keith 4/4 stalls available
Horsham 2/3 stalls available (1 broken)
Shepparton 6/6 stalls available
Destination (evie so not on map)

Im a little worried about the horsham - shepparton leg even tho it says i should be at 20%, can always duck down to bendigo maybe.

Can anyone recommend an alternate in Horsham if the sc is busy?

747km
There is a ChargeFox installation on Baillie St that I have used, shows all stations vacant at the moment.

Have a good trip.

Reactions: MacTessy and dronus
What do you do before a long trip?

Wash the car of course.

It was hard to keep it wet as the water just beaded and fell off
View attachment 1018930
If new and not yet detailed/protected, worth at least putting on some SiO2 or wax on the front end and mirror caps - it will make spraying off the bugs a synch at your destination.
Try not to let dead bugs sit too long as they will just get baked on and dead bug acidity affects the clearcoat.

Reactions: dronus and MacTessy