Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ahh thanks mate, appreciate it, if I am done well ill just cop it on the chin and move on, first fine in over 12 years!

but yeah it was a copper sitting in his car, so probably a handheld, not a fixed cam, no camera flash, and probably wouldnt capture me front on anyway since my headlights aiming at him
I went past a camera today, remembered your post!

• Funny
Reactions: Mes1
Ahh thanks for that, yeah I think Ill leave a door open then next time or more preferable even the boot open might do the trick, ie load shopping into boot, leave it open, put trolley away, then come back and close it
You could also put a phone key on your wife's phone or watch (there are some apps for this). Although this may give her more access than you like 😅

• Funny
Reactions: Mes1
Which in my copy of the English language means “looked stupid” 🤔😂
IMG_9651.jpeg

Reactions: AusMar
yeah the $3k rebate ended January 1 but i was ok because i ordered my M3 in August and had the deposit etc.
I thought the stamp duty was also waivered, and still is but you pay for it upfront or some such.
Ill check with my NL guy, worth a shot :)

I did a lap from Noarlunga all the way down the coast to Outer Harbour, then in thru the city (forgot about the fringe, doh), then out North East, back across the Eastern areas (lots of teslas there), back down cross road to grab my free 7kw at oaklands park then back down south.

Quite a relaxing drive dottering around annoying people who were trying to drive fast, few lunatics out leabrook / kensington area.

Didnt see any m3H tho, saw a very new MY in black which looked dope.
I did it through here: Electric Vehicle Stamp Duty Refund

Reactions: dronus
Folks, just got back from a Sydney trip (from CBR) noticed that this trip the phones in the wireless charger were getting hella hot, so much so they stopped charging. I’ve seen this as an issue mentioned previously but I’ve also seen people logging service requests for this. I’ve logged one for tomorrow, but any experience with the highland? Using a iPhone 14 Pro Max, and the misses has a 14 regular

Folks, just got back from a Sydney trip (from CBR) noticed that this trip the phones in the wireless charger were getting hella hot, so much so they stopped charging. I’ve seen this as an issue mentioned previously but I’ve also seen people logging service requests for this. I’ve logged one for tomorrow, but any experience with the highland? Using a iPhone 14 Pro Max, and the misses has a 14 regular
I haven't had that issue and i have a iphone 14pro. It would be nice if it had ventilation on the wireless charging pad like some cars, but would probably get jammed up with pubes.

That reminds me tho, first world problems i know, but with the phone in the wireless charger sometimes the reflections from the sun is annoying. Its only on rare occasions tho.
Heaps better than my old ICE car though which had a piano black and silver centre console which i had to put a towel over to stop being blinded.
hhahaha

Yeah, not sure there's anything they could do in service for this. Phones will always heat up when charging, without introducing active cooling to the pads, I think the only thing you can do is tip the phone upside down if it's getting hot so that it isn't charging.

I have the old-fashioned USB charging in my Model 3, and I have to say I very, very rarely use it. The charge on my iPhone 14 will last at least 2 days under normal use even if I didn’t plug it in the night before.

And since I do plug it in every night (except on the very rare occasions when I forget) I almost never need to charge my phone in my car 🤔

You guys must be using your phones a lot, like every waking moment? Or are you not paying for Premium Connectivity and instead hotspotting to your phones?

Reactions: paulp and dronus
Yes it gets pretty hot. I have my fast charging and fast wireless charging disabled to avoid unwanted battery degradation, so never that hot that it stopped charging. Wireless charging inherently is inefficient and tesla wireless chargers are pretty high power to accomodate so many device shaped with varying types of cover. So obviously its destined to be one of the "hottest" chargers in the world :). I don't plan to use it in summer at all and in case needed I would rather use wired charging. Wondering why tesla didn't give the option to switch off the wireless charger.

I have the old-fashioned USB charging in my Model 3, and I have to say I very, very rarely use it. The charge on my iPhone 14 will last at least 2 days under normal use even if I didn’t plug it in the night before.

And since I do plug it in every night (except on the very rare occasions when I forget) I almost never need to charge my phone in my car 🤔

You guys must be using your phones a lot, like every waking moment? Or are you not paying for Premium Connectivity and instead hotspotting to your phones?
Ever since getting rid of all that social media crud (unfortunately my gym and a few other places only use it for communication) mine has improved heaps. Like heaps heaps.
Im always on the phone and using it as a hotspot to my other devices so it does get used heaps, especially when travelling . Can probably get a couple of days out of it but just throw it on the wireless charger while driving.

Im probably thinking about this too much but ive noticed that sometimes the CCS2 plug on Jolt chargers are dirty. Like someone has accidentally dropped it in the dirt.
Can this affect your charging port or speed?
Is it worth cleaning the socket with contact cleaner or just leave it? I take it the contacts get secured while charging

Ive noticed a few times that charging has been on hold due to temperature, but......I don't give a sh1t.

Wireless charging is heavily influenced by the alignment of the coils. More energy is required when it’s not perfectly aligned and probably what’s causing the overheat. The way the charging pad is placed, the coils will only align perfectly with certain dimensions of particular phone and coil placement. The fact that it’s angled means you can’t really adjust the phone as well, gravity will pull it downward. Magnets helps somewhat to align the coils but Tesla went another solution with their overly expensive charging dock by having multiple overlapping coils for different placement/orientation. I doubt they did this for the cars.

Im probably thinking about this too much but ive noticed that sometimes the CCS2 plug on Jolt chargers are dirty. Like someone has accidentally dropped it in the dirt.
Can this affect your charging port or speed?
Is it worth cleaning the socket with contact cleaner or just leave it? I take it the contacts get secured while charging
piss into the holes to get rid of the pubes. works a charm!

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22
@dronus must have an alternative, urban dictionary meaning for the word “pubes” that I am unfamiliar with.

Either that, or @dronus is doing it wrong.
My late grandfather used to call anything like fluff or dander “pubes”. Im pretty sure he wasnt aware of what it meant to anyone else, was pretty funny nonetheless.
If any one here is old enough to remember the Red Apple Restaurant at Cumberland Park (Adelaide) my grandpa used to live just around the corner so he would take us to the Target there (now bigw?) and then to the big apple for dinner. Pretty classy back then (early 80s?).
While in target he would comment on the “pubes” on the modern clothes, much to the amusement of the people working there.
It kinda stuck with me. So there is the back story and some light reading.

Here is the menu (sorry about the pic quality) but if you can make it out, check out what they used to serve in a restaurant in the front of target, and the prices!

IMG_9661.jpeg

Reactions: Jules22