Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@paulp would probably remember :)
I have a vague recollection of one of these for memory on findon road as my grandparents were western dwellers. We would go there sometimes when visiting them in Adelaide. I’m not a native adelaidian though, born and grew up in country nsw and headed to adelaide to study at university for my chosen career, but that was a very long time ago

Reactions: dronus
hey all, finally got an update on my rebate, they asking for more info after 5 weeks of waiting FFS... so wondering what this means? I uploaded my final invoice, but apparently its not good enough, so which document should be uploaded here?

What is the copy of "contract for sale dated" mean?

View attachment 1027002
It is the contract of sale with a date, so proof of the date you ordered the car. This is possibly on your online tesla portal

hey all, finally got an update on my rebate, they asking for more info after 5 weeks of waiting FFS... so wondering what this means? I uploaded my final invoice, but apparently its not good enough, so which document should be uploaded here?

What is the copy of "contract for sale dated" mean?

View attachment 1027002
I asked my NL guy about this when i submitted mine. He sent me a zip file containing all those documents and it lined up perfectly,

Looks like Adelaide is getting a break from these hot dry days so funally my AC and Cabin overheat protection might get a break during the day.

Plus, and try to fathom this, its going to rain for the first time since ive had the car in February? We did get a light sprinkle a few days ago but nothing notable..

How exciting..i can finally see what all the drama is about the tesla windscreen wipers in adelaide!

I think i did see a sprinkle while i was in Vic, or i drove past a central pivot irrigation or some cows being milked.. who knows..

IMG_9662.jpeg

Reactions: Jules22 and Mes1
So I plugged back in and did the same. The error came back up, but I went to the app, scanned the QR code and the error went away and almost right away Bluey was charging at 11kW for free. I guess lesson learnt, don't believe what the screen says haha.
At those Exploren chargers (I assume Dickson Village), I activate the charger before plugging in the car and it works smooth as butter.

(If you have an Evie or Chargefox card, you can add it to your Exploren account and tap that to activate the chargers).

Has anyone else experienced the maps defaulting back to satellite view when getting back in the car?
I do love the satelite view but was hoping that if i select either satellite or street view it would remember my selection for next drive?

When im rolling around the ‘hood street view is easier to see upcoming roads etc while out in the country ive enjoyed the visual cues of things around me.

Might just be me :)

Im going to be setting this up very shortly,
Basically it will allow me to download sentry video automatically to my pc/nas when the car gets home or at work.
Plenty of other instructional videos on youtube if that guys voice gets annoying.
Im using the raspberry pi zero w 2.

Reactions: Mes1
Im going to be setting this up very shortly,
Basically it will allow me to download sentry video automatically to my pc/nas when the car gets home or at work.
Plenty of other instructional videos on youtube if that guys voice gets annoying.
Im using the raspberry pi zero w 2.

Ive got this setup - works very well, except often the car goes to sleep before its finished archiving. There's some solutions available for it described in the wiki, e.g if you use TeslaFi you can put in your API key and it can ping the car to keep it awake while archiving. I don't use it but plan to try do something similar with Tessie. The discord is quite good if you run into issues.

Little disappointed the nav doesn't show speed cameras.
Found this article, perhaps it will come for AU soon?

Yeah, haven't seen anything official, but it is available in parts of Europe as far as I understand it. Should be coming here at some point.