Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I’ve just noticed this and I’m assuming it’s from where the seatbelt flicks back when I take it off. Anyone else getting the same?
I’ll just have to be more careful.

View attachment 1030180
yeahh the seat belt is violent! i always let it rise up against my shoulder and i sort of slow its ascend with friction on my top since its bloody fast the seatbelt, wow didn't know it could cause that much damage

Hey all, quick query!

So autopilot I recall last few weeks on highway doing 100 or 110 I could always set the speed higher than the max, for example 100kmph zone motorway I would always set it a few km over like 103 or 104 since the speedo always lower than GPS

But today I tested it out at a 60 zone and tried going to 61 or 62 and it wouldnt let me, saying 60kmph max limit haha

wonder if going over the max is only when doing 100+?

Any ideas>?

Hey all, quick query!

So autopilot I recall last few weeks on highway doing 100 or 110 I could always set the speed higher than the max, for example 100kmph zone motorway I would always set it a few km over like 103 or 104 since the speedo always lower than GPS

But today I tested it out at a 60 zone and tried going to 61 or 62 and it wouldnt let me, saying 60kmph max limit haha

wonder if going over the max is only when doing 100+?

Any ideas>?
i recall this being normal when using autopilot as oppposed to TACC.
In autopilot i think it only lets you set it to the posted speed limit.

If the car thinks you are on a single carriageway and you are running autopilot then the car won’t exceed what it thinks is the speed limit.

How it decides what counts as single carriageway is a bit unclear to me.

I have had it not want to exceed 40 on a country highway because it saw a roadworks speed limit and then it was while until a standard limit sign turned up.

On the multi-lane separated highway then it will let you set whatever speed you like.

• Helpful
Reactions: dronus
Yes, LFP. THe warning was on before the hill, it came on with the low tyre pressure warning, wnd turned off at exactly the same time the tyres all got to 40psi (I suspect since they were 38psi cold, after driving for 30 mins they heated up)

I've been getting tyre pressure warnings on colder mornings since the cool weather has returned, but not the regen warning. I doubt they are related - just a coincidence I suspect.

You purchased your car in summer - so your tyres would lively have been inflated to 42 psi at a warm ambient temperature - so now they are showing a lower pressure on a cool morning. I purchased my car last winter (June) and have only now started getting the pressure warning after not touching the tyres for 9 months.

I normally get the regen warning in winter in my climate - even if I have preconditioned the car beforehand (although I suspect the preconditioning helps improve the regen, even if it doesn't restore full regen) - sometimes it's the icon on the right, sometimes it's just dots in the regen bar (with no icon).

I think it's to do with the category of road (probably from the Nav database). There are some 60 roads in my area which I can increase the speed on, and some I can't.

I've been getting tyre pressure warnings on colder mornings since the cool weather has returned, but not the regen warning. I doubt they are related - just a coincidence I suspect.

You purchased your car in summer - so your tyres would lively have been inflated to 42 psi at a warm ambient temperature - so now they are showing a lower pressure on a cool morning. I purchased my car last winter (June) and have only now started getting the pressure warning after not touching the tyres for 9 months.

I normally get the regen warning in winter in my climate - even if I have preconditioned the car beforehand (although I suspect the preconditioning helps improve the regen, even if it doesn't restore full regen) - sometimes it's the icon on the right, sometimes it's just dots in the regen bar (with no icon).

I think it's to do with the category of road (probably from the Nav database). There are some 60 roads in my area which I can increase the speed on, and some I can't.
Awesome yeah that makes sense, they would have been inflated in China while it’s hot and (maybe) checked here while it’s been hot.
I’ll whack 6-8psi extra in each or drive to the servo first thing in the morning.

Awesome yeah that makes sense, they would have been inflated in China while it’s hot and (maybe) checked here while it’s been hot.
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. They were probably "adjusted" to 42 psi as part of the pre-delivery process.
I’ll whack 6-8psi extra in each or drive to the servo first thing in the morning.
Yes, I will top mine up also now that the heatwave is over.

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. They were probably "adjusted" to 42 psi as part of the pre-delivery process.

Yes, I will top mine up also now that the heatwave is over.
I just got home so this probably the “hot” temp so yeah need more air in my hair..

IMG_9776.jpeg

Reactions: Max Spaghetti
For anyone else like me that gets panicky when the auto highbeam starts working its magic but you don’t want it on you can just touch the autohighbeam icon on the display to return it to manual control without having to find it in the menus.

I did this this morning when my matrix lights were not fast enough and I could see the back of the skull of a driver coming the other way thru his eye sockets.

Reactions: AusMar and edy80y
With more air in my tyres I can feel the road way more, on nice road its fine but when I cross onto "bumpy" unsmoothed surfaces I get this annoying rattle that sounds like its coming from the dashboard near the air vents. I feel logging a service request is going to send me in circles trying to reproduce it. I might take some air out again as I preferred the ride at 39 psi. Arrghh

With more air in my tyres I can feel the road way more, on nice road its fine but when I cross onto "bumpy" unsmoothed surfaces I get this annoying rattle that sounds like its coming from the dashboard near the air vents. I feel logging a service request is going to send me in circles trying to reproduce it. I might take some air out again as I preferred the ride at 39 psi. Arrghh
My car has been sitting in the shed all day where it is relatively cool and it looks like my tpms is reporting 38 allround. My TTI air thing reported 40 but I’ll go by the tpms. I added 6psi to each tyre.

I take it you have to drive the car to wake up the tpms senders in the wheels?

IMG_9805.jpeg

44 is closer to 42 than 38 so I guess the ride might be a bit harder.. I can’t even remember what pressures were in tyres of any other cars I’ve owned so I’m probably thinking about it too much.
If it gives me a warning that the pressures are too high I’ll be spewing but that’s easier to fix.

Reactions: Jules22