Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All done, I think I might have a new steering wheel…

IMG_1096.jpeg

Regarding door rattle.. they took for test drive, couldn’t hear it, played 50hz on stereo and could hear it.
IMG_1095.jpeg

Wonder when the service firmware reverts to normal?

IMG_1093.jpeg

Awesome service from the guys again!

Well, i must say, driving home in complete silence was heaps good.

Just the light whir of the electric motor when giving it a little boot to show a ricer that his money wasn't wisely invested in whatever matchbox toy he was driving (I'm helpful like that).

There was a M3H Performance in service, it had a damaged tyre... The SA was saying there are no suitable tyres in the country and the guy had only just picked up the car... had late XE plates too so was brand spanking. Thoughts go out to that owner!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
I’m pretty sure this is a new steering wheel.

The indicators feel heaps better, the right one now has a positive click unlike before it was just flat. Really noticeable.

Never noticed that airbag printing before too. It probably was there but I never noticed.

View attachment 1061492View attachment 1061493
Can't say I've noticed Airbag on mine, I'll check later. The indicators have always had a good click for me.

Reactions: dronus
Can't say I've noticed Airbag on mine, I'll check later. The indicators have always had a good click for me.
My top (right) has never clicked reliably , it sorta just worked and is the one that I was having issues with before.
Now it clicks so good it’s like thunk-fest 2.0. I’m just going around roundabouts randomly to test it.

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22

View attachment 1061446

Regarding door rattle.. they took for test drive, couldn’t hear it, played 50hz on stereo and could hear it.
View attachment 1061447

View attachment 1061448

This sounds like a great outcome... I'm thinking of putting in another service request on the wheel and just asking for a replacement at this stage

Reactions: dronus
This sounds like a great outcome... I'm thinking of putting in another service request on the wheel and just asking for a replacement at this stage
Maybe there was an issue with the first ones made, I wonder if other countries are reporting similar issues or if it’s just rhd.

One of the awesome things about Tesla production seems to be how adaptive they can be to fix things quickly aka the parcel shelves. Things seem to improve and be fixed continuously.

I still have massive respect for all the early adopters and Tesla owners before me as their involvement has evolved the product to this awesome vehicle we get to enjoy today; and we get to reciprocate for owners after us!

Maybe there was an issue with the first ones made, I wonder if other countries are reporting similar issues or if it’s just rhd.

One of the awesome things about Tesla production seems to be how adaptive they can be to fix things quickly aka the parcel shelves. Things seem to improve and be fixed continuously.

I still have massive respect for all the early adopters and Tesla owners before me as their involvement has evolved the product to this awesome vehicle we get to enjoy today; and we get to reciprocate for owners after us!
You’re welcome 😇

• Love
Reactions: dronus and Jules22

View attachment 1061446

View attachment 1061447

View attachment 1061448

Can you confirm the wheel is completely silent with no creaking or cracking when doing a full turn both ways? I might have to request this myself but I can't be without the car for long so hopefully its a quick fix.

Can you confirm the wheel is completely silent with no creaking or cracking when doing a full turn both ways? I might have to request this myself but I can't be without the car for long so hopefully its a quick fix.
So far so good.
If yours was the same as mine when you pressed on the bottom left/right of the steering wheel it would also creak.

I do full lock getting out of my driveway and didnt hear any noise this morning, even drove to work with the stereo off it was so nice!

Reactions: Mes1
Hey guys got another problem now, anyone have this issue? Driving really notice it doing around 50 to 70km/hr thr car rudders and virabtes , I notice it on the floor and steering wheel lots of vibrations n shudders.

Arghh this mean i gotta get back to Tesla? Doubt mobile service could fix this.

Wheel alignment feels good car goes nice n straight.

Some post I've read say it's probably flat spots on my tyres. Hmmm if so then Tesla needs to give me 4 brand new ones!