Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should also point out, it's very promising that Don Juan must be full to the brim of M3H's if someone who ordered last week could get a VIN so quickly.. should mean that practically everyone who's ordered to date (config availability aside) should be fulfilled when Donny pulls in.
This is the type of positivity I need in my life

And where is DJ
Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 17.59.17.png

Yeah, multiple service centres plus they are probably working their way down a list, submitting to RAV and then doing whatever else they do between that and updating the App/Page. Then I guess the next step is when they email/SMS to start booking people in getting payments etc.
Which end of the list are they working from tho?
Why would a brand new order get a vin where an existing irder with the same soec not?
Surely they are not working from the most recent orders, it woukd be more sane to work from the earliest or converted orders and work forward, if they worked from todays orders what happens to tommorows orders?
I find this very curious, but as pointed out we should wait until domething happens in our states.
If new orders in SA start getting vins and mine doesnt as i dont even have an EDD window still, im going to be on the phone pretty quick.

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
You know what would put us all in a calm state? If someone who worked at a Tesla delivery centre could confirm all our speculations on here haha.. They could go by an alias and still hold all most of their cards close to their chest to not breach anything in confidence.. but it'd be nice to confirm suspicions :p
100%

Why would a brand new order get a vin where an existing irder with the same soec not?
Surely they are not working from the most recent orders, it woukd be more sane to work from the earliest or converted orders and work forward, if they worked from todays orders what happens to tommorows orders?
I find this very curious, but as pointed out we should wait until domething happens in our states.
If new orders in SA start getting vins and mine doesnt as i dont even have an EDD window still, im going to be on the phone pretty quick.
Oh *sugar* I didn't realise you don't even have a window!? We've ordered the exact same spec from the same location yeah?

Reactions: dronus
Yeah no idea. There must be some rhyme or reason to it but who knows.

Are both being picked up at the same delivery centre? That's why I am thinking it's done by each centre.

Could just be a dart board though for all I know.

Reactions: dronus