Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really think it's done manually, not expecting any till tomorrow. They all seem to come in AU hours also, so it seems to be done locally.
Probably someone in Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne who doesnt know that any other cities exist haha

I like it when east coast news say that some bad weather has magically appeared and is heading their way, days after it had nuked or flooded Perth and Adelaide haha

Seen quite a few m3 and mY today which was strange as the power has been off and on plus its been raining so electric cars and water etc…

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22
Surely central planning, de-centralised execution would be the way ;)

Haha, heard that tenent somewhere before, but I'm leaning towards it being done by each delivery centre based on the people in specific locations receiving VIN's while other locations haven't. Could very well be wrong though, all guesswork.

Last edited:
Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Yeah, I'm really thinking it's done by each delivery center?

Hopefully we'll have ours tomorrow, if not I'll give them a follow up Friday with a polite WTF?
I mean this would make sense given each delivery center would need to schedule delivery slots. I wonder if they simply get a list of available configs and it's first booked best dressed from the delivery centre's end?

Haha, heard that tenant somewhere before, but I'm leaning towards it being done by each delivery centre based on the people in specific locations receiving VIN's while other locations haven't. Could very well be wrong though, all guesswork.
Haha works in many facets of life I believe ;)

Yeah based on the allocations of VINs to particular areas to date, I think you're more likely correct for each delivery centre to allocate them.

Reactions: dronus
Haha works in many facets of life I believe ;)

Yeah based on the allocations of VINs to particular areas to date, I think you're more likely correct for each delivery centre to allocate them.
So maybe the cars have been allocated to SA, but the service centre has been on holidays so they havent allocated vins to customers?
Kinda makes sence but doesnt explain why it seems random in NSW. Ohh multiple service centres…

I should also point out, it's very promising that Don Juan must be full to the brim of M3H's if someone who ordered last week could get a VIN so quickly.. should mean that practically everyone who's ordered to date (config availability aside) should be fulfilled when Donny pulls in.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking (hoping) also. Just over 5800 vehicle capacity, you'd think that would cover the orders from Sept to now (plus a few who got converted)

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
So maybe the cars have been allocated to SA, but the service centre has been on holidays so they havent allocated vins to customers?
Kinda makes sence but doesnt explain why it seems random in NSW. Ohh multiple service centres…
That's also likely if they're allocated centrally.. maybe the delivery centre has the final 'press go' button.. but really, we've all been assigned them internally, just nothing confirmed externally.

Reactions: Jules22
Yeah, multiple service centres plus they are probably working their way down a list, submitting to RAV and then doing whatever else they do between that and updating the App/Page. Then I guess the next step is when they email/SMS to start booking people in getting payments etc.