Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My communication with Tesla produced a response.

Seems they had a problem with the algorithm for one of the Sydney delivery locations - causing cars to be allocated in the wrong order. This is said to have been fixed.

Sounds like VIN assignment has been paused today (except for X Æ A-12 who somehow skirted the system) - but will be resuming "soon".

Anybody get a VIN today? I haven't noted any action... so reality seems to line up with what I was told.

For clarity: no VIN for me. Yet.
I think know the algorithm that caused it.
BX9WOcKCAAAXWBL.jpg

So just got home, had a decent spin in it. First time ever driving a Tesla, easy as to get used to. No issues with indicators, at all, and they cancelled automatically every time. Jesus it is fast when you need it to be. Only pressed the brake pedal once the whole way home.

Incredible drive. Fantastic feel, and so so quiet. Wow. Am well chuffed.
Congrats G

So just got home, had a decent spin in it. First time ever driving a Tesla, easy as to get used to. No issues with indicators, at all, and they cancelled automatically every time. Jesus it is fast when you need it to be. Only pressed the brake pedal once the whole way home.

Awesome!!

I think youve run out of milk so might need to go back out again.

How was the delivery experience?
Need more pics, especially the rear end.
The cars, not yours.

Door thunk meet your expectations?

Dont forget us ;)

Awesome to hear! Enjoy!!

Reactions: Murphster
Awesome!!

I think youve run out of milk so might need to go back out again.

How was the delivery experience?
Need more pics, especially the rear end.
The cars, not yours.

Door thunk meet your expectations?

Dont forget us ;)

Will take some pics in the morning, in the sunshine.

Delivery was a breeze, someone came and talked to me but they didn’t have to say much. Just accept it through the app and then drive off.

I had a quick check over the car, but to be honest it is flawless, all that talk about build quality is ancient history. The thing is perfect.

Car was charged to 97%, which was a nice surprise.

Such a simple process, ordering and collecting. They really know what they are doing.

I appreciate there are issues with VINs and that might cloud some people’s judgements, and that is understandable, but I have been really lucky I think.

Only saw one other red, a few blues and greys, but mostly whites, which did surprise me a little.

Awesome to hear mate, congrats again!

Reactions: Murphster

Congratulations mate, so good to hear some positives.