Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's getting old real quick again pressing refresh and seeing this haha

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 14.07.31.png

Yep i can do that, however ive had a bug of some description today which has ledt me vomiting quite regularly..

Good thing my car is still on a ship i suppose.. gives me a minute to sort it out.
Geez, hope you feel better soon mate.
Should be able to do it in a few seperate transactions over a few days, have done this a few times in the past for different thinngs and was never an issue.

Reactions: dronus and SiLENC3
I rented a rwd for a week while my SSV got modded..
Terrible idea!!
I got my car back, and even though it makes 330rwkw it felt really underwhelming after the instant punch of the tesla.
Made all the right noises, has heaps of grunt, but it was the wind up that did it.

Once my M3LR gets here, ill probably supercharge the commodore 🤣
No replacement for displacement huh

Just received my final invoice as well 😁

Too bad NAB are a bunch of muppets who wont raise my xfer limit high enough...
You'd think paying for something outright would be easy...
When i payed out my current NL i had to call the bank and they did the transaction over the phone as it was too big to do online.
Wasnt NAB tho, one of the smaller banks :)

Reactions: PcS000 and SiLENC3
While I wait for my LR to arrive, I took a RWD for a test drive today. My first time driving a Tesla, and I have to say it was a wonderful experience.

I’m coming from a 2020 Audi RS3, and prior to that a 2006 Subaru WRX, which was heavily modified.

The RWD had plenty of punch as I did a 0-80 pull on Tapley’s Hill Road. The instant torque and lack of turbo lag was much appreciated. The driving position was nice and low, much better than my RS3/WRX.

I went hard through a couple of twisty bends and was pleasantly surprised at the lack of body roll. Combined with the very comfortable suspension I really do think the new model 3 will be a perfect little family car for me, the wife and my very young son.

I tried the steering on standard and sport, and definitely preferred sport.

I had no issues with the indicators & the gear selection via the screen, and one pedal driving was fantastic!

I was told they have a LR due to arrive at Adelaide for test drives on 22nd January, so I might book in a test drive then. Honestly, the RWD was more than adequate and I don’t think anyone who has ordered one will regret it from a performance point of view - I just really wanted the 17 speakers!
Awesome, glad you enjoyed it!

• Love
Reactions: Tesl3on
Yeah, was reading it this morning. My car as delivered doesn’t comply.
I knoiw we dont make the rules, but i still dont get why its important. If it has 2 child anchor points, it means you can put 2 child seats in it. Simples.
Same as there are 5 seats, so you can only have 5 people. Should cars have 6 seats in case i want to carry 6 people? nope..
Should there be 4 child seat anchor points incase i want to carry 4 children (one in the front)?

Want to put more child seats in? You cant, and you should transport them in a different car (like a model Y or a Kia Carnival) haha

Reactions: SiLENC3
I knoiw we dont make the rules, but i still dont get why its important. If it has 2 child anchor points, it means you can put 2 child seats in it. Simples.
Same as there are 5 seats, so you can only have 5 people. Should cars have 6 seats in case i want to carry 6 people? nope..
Should there be 4 child seat anchor points incase i want to carry 4 children (one in the front)?

Want to put more child seats in? You cant, and you should transport them in a different car (like a model Y or a Kia Carnival) haha

The middle seat is the safest place to put a car seat, so really in the most important place to have a tether point.

I do kind of get you, and have felt the same in the past. However problems will occur when you might take family, or friends out in your car. Hire cars, Ubers etc… not being able to put a car seat in properly is potentially dangerous and not something you would want on your head.

I now think there could be a very good chance this is the cause of the delays and changes over the last week or so.
Hmm I don't know. That wouldn't explain why most got VINs back and it's only some of us in specific locations who don't.

Seems more a stuff up with what was loaded on which ship to be.

I would suspect Tesla know nothing about this seat thing.

Reactions: dronus
The middle seat is the safest place to put a car seat, so really in the most important place to have a tether point.

I do kind of get you, and have felt the same in the past. However problems will occur when you might take family, or friends out in your car. Hire cars, Ubers etc… not being able to put a car seat in properly is potentially dangerous and not something you would want on your head.
yeah i kinda get it, but who says all cars have to be able to carry 3 children in car seats? How many families that have 3 kids drive sedans?

If the car doesn't support it, it means you cant do it and make other arrangements. Sounds like a relic of policy from times gone by maybe?

If you need a car that can do something, then order that car. If i buy a car and expect it to be able to do something its not designed for, thats on me, not the manufacturer.. To say it needs to have provision for something "just in case" seems weird.

Excuse my nonconformity, i just like to challenge what is considered normal by asking questions like "Why"

In Elons biography there is an interesting section where he comes across policy that doesnt make sence. He asks to speak to the person who wrote the policy, or who is responsible for it, and get them to explain why it exists. If they cant, he takes action.

If the majority of people were carrying 3 child seats in their cars id get it, but from my observations its very uncommon, especially in sedans, they are mostly in people movers or SUVs. Id like them to have 3 child seat thingos, if that makes people with 3 children happy im all for it, but where does it end?

Id rather not have those plastic things in the seats that adults have to uncomfortably sit on, my car will never have child seats in it as my kids are grown up, unless i meet a hot new chick who wants to have kids, then watch me flip flop faster than a politician :)

Hmm I don't know. That wouldn't explain why most got VINs back and it's only some of us in specific locations who don't.

Are those rules specific to all of Australia? Wonder if canberra has some weird rules that are different. Like excessive use of roundabouts, those strange bus shelters that look like they were made from concrete pipe, and the way the coffee is always way too hot.

Maybe. But if you read that link I posted on the BYD situation last year then you would have to assume that Tesla are very aware of it now.

The first BYD Australia employee to see one would have grassed them up even if nobody else has noticed yet.

i should go book a test drive of that fancy red highland down in Adelaide?
Maybe test fit the roof shades and record some more samples for my upcoming cover of chumbawampas hit "tubthumping"

maybe do a Red and Blue mashup of this?

Yes.

I was supposed to be testing a highland LR at 1130 this morning... binned it since id vomited 4 times already by then.

That annoyed me more than spewing tbh 🤣