Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 7th of March. I haven't got a VIN showing on my account homepage, but it is included in a new Vic Roads registration form that has been dropped into my account.
that was REALLY quick, I ordered mine in Dec 27th and it is on the ORCHID ACE (arriving in NSW on April 8th), the wait IS killer but yours were really quick, there were people here that ordered around Oct/2023 (close to when the order for the highland opened) and they received their car end of Feb, beginning of March (close to 6 months), that's for sure would have killed me :eek:

that was REALLY quick, I ordered mine in Dec 27th and it is on the ORCHID ACE (arriving in NSW on April 8th), the wait IS killer but yours were really quick, there were people here that ordered around Oct/2023 (close to when the order for the highland opened) and they received their car end of Feb, beginning of March (close to 6 months), that's for sure would have killed me :eek:
I'm feeling pretty lucky tbh. It's going to be a work vehicle for my business, and I was sweating bricks it wouldn't arrive before EOFY 😂.

I'm assuming I've either nabbed one of the last of the shipment or someone has cancelled their order. It might explain why they still have the March - April eta on the order page of the Website.

R.I.P - I may have been given false hope. I did some verification via the source code and the VIN showing up on my Chrome extension may be false.
have you searched (in the source code) by "vin": (with the double quotes and colon)? in my code when searching for this it returns 4 matches, one of them actually have my VIN (and it's on the NSW registration document as well but that only appeared around 3 days after I had found my VIN in the source code)

• Informative
Reactions: MattAdrian
have you searched (in the source code) by "vin": (with the double quotes and colon)? in my code when searching for this it returns 4 matches, one of them actually have my VIN (and it's on the NSW registration document as well but that only appeared around 3 days after I had found my VIN in the source code)
Nvm got it - thanks! So does this mean my VIN is actually real? Cause it says "vinHasChanged": false

Idk what any of this means 🤣
Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 3.00.31 pm.png

Reactions: kmsyd777
Mine is in Perth off the Bergamot Ace (which is now en route to Adelaide). Shouldn't be long before sms to arrange collection, I guess. Has been just under 6 weeks since I ordered which is about what Tesla indicated when I had my test drive. The Haloblk mats look like they will take longer.

Nvm got it - thanks! So does this mean my VIN is actually real? Cause it says "vinHasChanged": false

Idk what any of this means 🤣
View attachment 1029137
Yep, it looks like it is, search for it on Molace website (www.molace.com/TRK/Search), change the "search by" to VIN and place your VIN there, you will find when the ship with your car is arriving in Australia and the ship's name (if your car is in a molace ship, from my understanding)

• Informative
View attachment 1029153It seems my assigned vehicle has already arrived in Australia last month.
This seems to be exactly what kmsyd777 said, your car must be coming from Brisbane stock (either inventory or a cancelled order). Your delivery date must be close, let us know if you receive any update on that. (I've ordered the exact same car as you, but I may have to wait another month before getting my delivery date 😭 )

This seems to be exactly what kmsyd777 said, your car must be coming from Brisbane stock (either inventory or a cancelled order). Your delivery date must be close, let us know if you receive any update on that. (I've ordered the exact same car as you, but I may have to wait another month before getting my delivery date 😭 )
See that’s where it doesn’t make sense - shouldn’t it be first come first serve? What is your order date?

Order date: 27/12/2023. Nothing seems to make sense on the Tesla car delivery part.
I suspect @BaymaxW already had their VIN assigned (even though the car was on a ship somewhere or mid way distribution point) when that other cancellation came up. So, the VIN allocation subroutine would have then allocated to the next one in queue which would have been yourself @MattAdrian ... it didn't take into consideration which was ordered first and should be delivered earlier I guess because it might have then disrupted their delivery algo. Plus they don't know that we are talking here on this channel so we know what we know and they don't know what we know!

I suspect @BaymaxW already had their VIN assigned (even though the car was on a ship somewhere or mid way distribution point) when that other cancellation came up. So, the VIN allocation subroutine would have then allocated to the next one in queue which would have been yourself @MattAdrian ... it didn't take into consideration which was ordered first and should be delivered earlier I guess because it might have then disrupted their delivery algo. Plus they don't know that we are talking here on this channel so we know what we know and they don't know what we know!
Get this guy his car already cause props to his investigative skills :cool:

Unfortunately for me, that makes a lot of sense. I had my VIN assigned some time ago, even the NSW registration document (that you can download from Tesla order management page) already has the VIN. It's getting closer now anyway, happy to at least have a date (approximate) to look forward to. 🙃