Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR/RMC/Black/Aero no FSD, order date was 08/04/21.

Got a call from Tesla staff 12/21/21 that I needed to answer the "how are you going to pay?" question and apply for financing because my car was coming in the next week (no VIN).

Applied for financing same day, was approved. Delivery window got down to 12/29/21 to 12/31/21, no VIN ever assigned. Car never came.

Has been bumped out twice and is now 01/27/22 - 02/24/22. At 5 months wait already I'm relatively confident my reservation is bugged in some way. Tesla staff have called me to tell me car was coming in the next week and it didn't. No VIN has ever been assigned. People with identical configs who ordered months later are receiving their cars.

If only there was a phone number I could call to figure out what's going on...I'm 20 minutes from the Fremont factory they don't even need to deliver it...I'll take an uber...

Bonus: Credit approval is only good for 30 days. I guess I'll take another hard credit check hit if they ever assign a VIN.

LR/RMC/Black/Aero no FSD, order date was 08/04/21.

Got a call from Tesla staff 12/21/21 that I needed to answer the "how are you going to pay?" question and apply for financing because my car was coming in the next week (no VIN).

Applied for financing same day, was approved. Delivery window got down to 12/29/21 to 12/31/21, no VIN ever assigned. Car never came.

Has been bumped out twice and is now 01/27/22 - 02/24/22. At 5 months wait already I'm relatively confident my reservation is bugged in some way. Tesla staff have called me to tell me car was coming in the next week and it didn't. No VIN has ever been assigned. People with identical configs who ordered months later are receiving their cars.

If only there was a phone number I could call to figure out what's going on...I'm 20 minutes from the Fremont factory they don't even need to deliver it...I'll take an uber...

Bonus: Credit approval is only good for 30 days. I guess I'll take another hard credit check hit if they ever assign a VIN.
Yikes. That's not great, have you pushed your SA for a resolution?

M3LR
Ext: White
Int: White
od: 19/11/21
edd: 8-12 weeks (now blank since last monday)
VIN: No

I must say that my SA has been very responsive to phone calls and texts. Last Tuesday he told me VIN should be coming through “soon”…

Try and stay optimistic!

Regards,
Stephen

Reactions: sdca