Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Won't be waiting much longer

wait.jpg

Reactions: Mosesvii
Registration Papers signed this afternoon
Model 3 RWD
White Exterior
Black Interior
Standard Aero Wheels

Ordered 02/12/2021

Also took a Model 3 RWD for a test drive and tested my charging at home. I got the 7KW charge running from a 3 Phase 32amp tail so that is good for those time I may need a hurry. But overnight will be fine normally. The reason for the faster charge is I can charge about midday empty the solar battery and still charge it up for the night use in the house.

Registration Papers signed this afternoon
Model 3 RWD
White Exterior
Black Interior
Standard Aero Wheels

Ordered 02/12/2021

Also took a Model 3 RWD for a test drive and tested my charging at home. I got the 7KW charge running from a 3 Phase 32amp tail so that is good for those time I may need a hurry. But overnight will be fine normally. The reason for the faster charge is I can charge about midday empty the solar battery and still charge it up for the night use in the house.

Hi Jimbowa,
Do you have the name of electrician who did your install.
I have been trying to get my usual electrician to give me a quote, but he's not getting back to me
Tesla gave me an electricians name, but they seem to be applying the "Tesla tax"

Thanks in advance

SteveT

If you ordered on 13/11 and did not make changes to it you should have a VIN or one allocated. Call your Tesla guy as the Midas is in PK and Crystal will be in Brisbane on the 9th and PK on the 13th.
I ordered on the 30 Nov and don't have a VIN yet. My understanding from what Vedaprime has said is that this isn't really a problem yet. My EDD is still 8-12 weeks from order date.

Reactions: Mosesvii
Ordered on 12/12 for a base White RWD and app is now showing 14-20 weeks? Anyone in the same situation?

UPDATE: Tesla advised that based on my order date, I can expect a VIN to be allocated in the next 1 - 3 weeks? Apparently they had a huge backlog of orders. hmmm

Last edited:
Hi Jimbowa,
Do you have the name of electrician who did your install.
I have been trying to get my usual electrician to give me a quote, but he's not getting back to me
Tesla gave me an electricians name, but they seem to be applying the "Tesla tax"

Thanks in advance

SteveT
Unfortunately my Sparky is FIFO and doesn't really do work on the swing but he wired the house for me many years ago so did it for me. I had to purchase all the items. But I got another Sparky to look at it I just said I wanted 5 pin for a big welder I use.

I wonder how many times vedaprime has said this throughout their Tesla tracking career

Maybe this quote needs to be displayed as a banner for everyone to see 😅
Doesn’t make sense to me at this stage. It did couple of weeks ago but not now

1. How Tesla plans the production output based on different specs ordered

2. I can’t believe VINs are assigned spontaneously as it can cause the situation when no cars left for the earlier orders

3. There are two ships going now. The one is already in the port and cars are going to be distributed starting tomorrow. This should be based on the VINs I suppose?

The question is - are the cars in the Morning Crystal are still to be allocated for the ones who still has not got their VINs? Or our cars are still to be produced? But again there are only few days left before all production starts for the China market

Tesla really needs to do something and match production process to their cars experience. I placed my order almost three months ago and expect some certainty at this point.

Yes, English is not my first language but hopefully I made my point clear🤣

Last edited:
Doesn’t make sense to me at this stage. It did couple of weeks ago but not now

1. How Tesla plans the production output based on different specs ordered

2. I can’t believe VINs are assigned spontaneously as it can cause the situation when no cars left for the earlier orders

3. There are two ships going now. The one is already in the port and cars are going to be distributed starting tomorrow. This should be based on the VINs I suppose?

The question is - are the cars in the Morning Crystal are still to be allocated for the ones who still has not got their VINs? Or our cars are still to be produced? But again there are only few days left before all production starts for the China market

Tesla really needs to do something and match production process to their cars experience. I placed my order almost three months ago and expect some certainty at this point.

Yes, English is not my first language but hopefully I made my point clear🤣
I am quite well versed in the things you bring up. What you are seeing is the production planning while Q4 was going on, based on Q3 numbers and what they know at the time mid November. The don't build in strictly vin number order. They have a planned scheduled, build them, then allocate, not build to order. I expect more vins to be allocated this quarter. We also know there are more orders than they are cars.

Reactions: Chuq and moa999
I wonder about this too. If VINs are assigned randomly and there are more orders than cars, isn’t it possible that any order at any time may go unfilled? For example we know of people in November waiting for a VIN while someone in January has one.

Extremely bizarre system. I’d be pretty upset if that happened to me.